What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-Mail keeps getting bigger

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're using the built in Mail app:
Remove the email account from your iPad, and set it up again. This should help getting rid of storage used by previously opened attachments.

If you're using another app for your email account(s), delete the app and install it again.

OP
G

garybrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using both Sympatico and Yahoo. They were originally set up when I purchased my IPad at the Apple Store. I have deleted both before but it did not delete the excess mail.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If deleting is not long ago (less than a day), reboot your iPad, and wait for a few more hours. Your device needs some time to readjust.

If it's more than a day ago, connect your device to iTunes on a computer. Take a look at it's storage there. If there's some storage called "Other" (orange colour) with more than 2 GB, make sure there's a most recent backup, and restore it using iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts