What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

e-mail is not working - any suggestions?

john wd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion? My e-mail has stopped working on my iPad 1. I sent a message @ 0830; I updated my e-mail @ 0930. I keep getting an error message that says my user name or password for "sympatico" is incorrect.
I've tried retyping all the info in the settings. My pc still gets e-mail.
Can anyone offer advice? Don't send an e-mail for obvious reasons - though I will still get it on the pc.
Thanks,
Jwd

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like it's having issues talking with the server in regards to account validation.

What type of email do you have? What method did you use to set it up on the iPad?

May just need to delete that email account completely on the iPad and set it up again.

OP
J

john wd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could be a problem with the server though I still get e-mail on the PC. I'm using Bell Sympatico (Canada). I went into settings & re-typed all the info; same result. I then deleted the account & tried to set it up again. Big mistake - no e-mail and the same situation where it's not recognizing username & password.

Most reactions

Latest posts