What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mail app always shows last opened email?

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I open the email app it always has the last email I looked at open. Is there a way to have it like the iPhone email app where it shows your list of inboxes?

I stopped using the email app after the first week of getting my iPad 2 because of this but decided to start using it again. Now if I remember I will try to leave open a non personal email so nothing personal pops open when someone picks up my iPad.

Is there a better work around to this or should I just use the web browser to view emails?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
It doesnt personally bother me as it's only me that uses my iPad. But yes, I see your point. Like your web based client, a general account front page would be nice rather than displaying last opened mail.

OP
Jman09

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's usually just me using my iPad but if I let a friend look at it they might open the email app to see the layout. And I wouldn't want the email to be right there in there face. The only app design flaw I've seen from apple yet. But not too big of a deal.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I think what the iPad really needs is individual log in accounts to the iOS/iPad itself. This would obviously deal with this issue.

I can't see this function being to far away to be honest.

OP
Jman09

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah that could be good. Or a way to have lockable folders without the need to Jailbreak. Then you can put you sensitive stuff in the one folder and keep it away from your friends or family that may use your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts