What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVDs on iPad ?

stefyeffy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible for me to download some DVDs onto my iPad ? I know I will have to burn them onto the computer first then put them on the iPad but I don't know how to do that. I don't have a mac, I have a Sony Vaio (not willing to dish out the $1,500 for a macbook haha) How would I go about doing this?

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a newbie for the Ipad. I'm a pc user and had been using "Freemake Video Converter" to rip DVD. With three weeks exposure to my new Ipad, I learned that the software can export directly ripped videos to Itunes at the same time. Hope you will find this helpful.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
PavtubeVideo said:
it's simple to realize by using Pavtube DVD Ripper, which is professional DVD ripping software, it could convert any DVD discs, DVD iso or ifo image files for iPad playing, whether iPad/iPad 2 or iPad 3. It has many special iPad presets, so your operation steps is rather easy. just follow the guide to do it

DVD to New iPad 3 converter – Play DVD movies on New iPad 3

Thank you for your information. I'm going to try it when I get on my PC.

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try customizing the preset "IPAD3" by clicking the middle icon as shown in the picture (red arrow). You can select Ipad1, Ipad2, or Ipad3 presets as shown in the blue arrow.
pix.JPG

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"lelkes: I´ve a question: which software?"

Freemake Video Converter.​

D

dvdcatalyst

Is it possible for me to download some DVDs onto my iPad ? I know I will have to burn them onto the computer first then put them on the iPad but I don't know how to do that. I don't have a mac, I have a Sony Vaio (not willing to dish out the $1,500 for a macbook haha) How would I go about doing this?

You might want to give DVD Catalyst 4 a shot. I have a guide for how to use it with the iPad3 here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/dvd-catalyst/79710-dvd-ipad3-quick-easy.html

Movies from DVD should end up around 1-2GB in size (depending on the length of the movie) and if you are using a recent computer, it should run at at least 2-3x real time and if you are using a quad-core system, it will be quite a bit faster than that.

The guide above covers just about everything, so it looks quite long, but here is a brief idea of how it works:

5-Step Quick Guide:

Step 1: Download and install DVD Catalyst 4 on your computer.

Step 2: Start DVD Catalyst 4 and select the Apple iPad 3 profile.

Step 3: Insert your DVD or drag your video files over onto DVD Catalyst 4.

Step 4: Tap Go to start the conversion process.

Step 5. Connect your iPad 3 to your computer, start iTunes and copy the file over.

Once completed, just open the Videos App on your Apple iPad 3, and tap the movie to play it.

Most reactions