DVD to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by joe.niles, Apr 5, 2010.

1. dough54321

dough54321
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Here are my issues...

I use DVD decrypt or to get the files off the DVD to the hard drive. But, for some reason, when I conniver the file using Iwisoft DVD converter, one or more of the vob tracks end up with either the audio unsynced to the video, or with an alternate language. The first scene seems to always be right. It's the other tracks that come out messed up. Any ideas why one or the other?

2. GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    On my machine DVDFab runs a two hour movie down to iPad format in about 30 minutes...

3. clickerman

clickerman
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just finish backing up Shutter Island with DVDfab. DVDfab just yesterday released a version that could handle this DVD. I wonder if Handbreak or other programs can backup Shutter Island also. If so, I would really be impressed.

4. EODtech

EODtech
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  5. Jessicaem

Jessicaem
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    MacTheRipper 4.0 > handbrake 0.9.4 > sync to ipad

There are better options than handbrake, but you need to know what you are doing with video encoding. Handbrake is more than fine.
    Stay away from popcorn, toast, ripit, visual hub, isquint, ect. It is all crapware.

6. RMSko

RMSko
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm using cucusoft DVD to iPad converter. Yesi had to pay for it,but it's awesome. It also includes an avi etc converter. It is simple to use and is made solely to convert to iPad format. It's also one stop shopping. Just put in the DVD and it converts it. Therre are many options including one that allows you to convert without having to press even one button. He quality is also fantastic and no I don't work for the company! It's not free though.

7. iwantanipad

iwantanipad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Did you ever find anything besides using the apple tv present. And does anyone know how to use handbrake so that the screen is fully used, when using handbrake the movie does not take up the full screen, I know you can expand using the top right button, but it doesn't change the resoltion so it doesn't look great. THanks

8. iwantanipad

iwantanipad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Did you ever find anything besides using the apple tv present. And does anyone know how to use handbrake so that the screen is fully used, when using handbrake the movie does not take up the full screen, I know you can expand using the top right button, but it doesn't change the resoltion so it doesn't look great. THanks

9. DaveSt

DaveSt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    You can find iPad presets for Handbrake here: Optimized Handbrake Presets to Encode Video for Your New iPad or iPhone 4

As far as getting the screen fully used, in most cases that isn't going to happen unless you encode the video to an aspect ratio different than the source material. When you do that you are going to either lose some source material or get a picture that looks stretched or squeezed. The iPad screen isn't the ideal aspect ratio for watching widescreen video unfortunately, so getting used to the black bars on top and bottom is the best solution.

#49 DaveSt, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  10. iwantanipad

iwantanipad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    What is the mactheripper for? I'm using handbrake but am not using Mactheripper, or anything like that, yet I dont notice any problems in the video on the iPad. The only other thing I have is some program called VNC.