What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD To Ipad

Fulham bear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

Fulham bear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think they had exact presets for the original Ipad Air so I used another Ipad preset, does it make much difference?

In fact with some I still had to convert the ripped file to a format compatible with the Ipad, which I did with freemake.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The basic IPad preset should work in most cases. Hopefully your computer is powerful enough to do the transcoding, etc.

Audio sync is a common issue people have, and it can be complicated to troubleshoot. It can even go back to the original file ripped from the DVD, and not necessarily the final transcode.

The basic idea is to rip the DVD to the Hard Drive (DVD Shrink is a common one to use), then use Handbrake or other software to convert to a compatible MP4 format for the iPad. If a preset is available, use that.

You can always use a more common format, and just use a third party player instead of trying to get your file to be IPad compliant. There are plenty of third party players, I use a recommend nPlayer, but there are plenty of others.

Most reactions

Latest posts