What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD to iPad Converter - what do you use?

airwake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For my pc is use slysoft AnyDVD to get past the encryption. DVDshrink to copy the movie as an iso for storage or to burn later, then handbrake to covert it for the iPad. The appletv preset in handbrake works great. I ripped "Something, something, something, darkside" for my iPad and it looks great, only 400 megs too.

iLuvMyMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wytchecraft.com
I have Toast 10 on my Mac and they recently updated it to include an iPad convertor which is really cool because I have a few music video dvd's to do :)

*EDIT*

Having used Toast to convert a music video the sound was actually quite hollow. So I've gone back to Handbrake using the "universal" settings except I just changed the picture size to 768 x 576. Sounds and looks heaps better

Last edited:

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the PC I use Slysofts AnyDVD and CloneDVD. They are not free. But after a few struggles with some free software I threw these guys a few bucks and never looked back.

I have Avatar on this iPad using their tools.

FWIW their AnyDVD also rips BluRay.

Lewys94ccfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use, and have used for years, DVDFab Pro. they have both Windows and OSX versions and work flawlessly. It even has an iPad profile that can be tweaked for settings.

Have to try that one cheers, Tried a few but not really happy. Not getting anything with handbrake.

Lewys94ccfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wondershare video converter just shuts down after a certain % :thumbsdown:

For handbrake do you have to use decrypter first.?

Most reactions

Latest posts