What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD Ripper for Mac Giveaway –Free Rip the Latest DVD to iPhone ,iPad,iPod,etc.

Mv-ixius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome thnx for sharing this, downloaded,installed ,activated, will test it out later muchas gracias :)

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YOU ARE A SAINT !!!!

I searched for the giveaway and found this link:
http://www.winxdvd.com/giveaway/

I downloaded the WinX DVD Ripper last night and was finally able to rip my Star Trek 2009 !! I've been struggling a long time trying to encode Star Trek.

Here's a short review:
The DVD Ripper was twice as fast as Handbrake. It took me 38 mins to rip the entire Star Trek @ 720 X 480 resolution on my iMac. Normally, for other movies, it will take me roughly 90 mins on Handbrake. The reason why it is faster as it makes use of the dual core CPU to encode the video. Not too sure if it will use the quad core processing capabilities to the full.

Furthermore, it deduces the correct track to encode the movie. Normally for copy protected DVDs like those from Walt Disney, Handbrake will highlight that there are 99 tracks. Well, DVD Ripper does that too, but it analyses which is the correct video track and which are the pseudo tracks and tells you via a pop up screen.

I can select the screen size, subtitles and they even have profiles for iPod, iPad and iPhone, Apple TV, etc if you don't feel like fiddling with the settings.

It even has a One-Click DVD 1:1 recording mode which is kinda cool, but I haven't tried that yet.

One thing about this DVD Ripper is that it does not allow you to encode an AVI, FLV or MOV file to MP4, etc. It is purely DVD to other formats. If you need to do that, you'd probably have to use other software like Handbrake....

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts