What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD Conversion

iKMAC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How are you guys making legal backups of your DVD's. I'm trying to convert them to play on my iPad, but I can't get around the encryption. I'm using Cucsoft. Also I'm using a Win XP computer.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Technically it’s still illegal to make a back-up of a DVD even if you own it. That FBI warning that starts up before the movie mentions reproduction which is essentially what you are doing even though you are not going to be distributing it. I think it’s a gray area and doubt one would ever actually get in trouble for it. I’ve seen folks mention DVDFab DVDFab HD Decrypter. Free to Decrypt DVD and Blu-ray, free to Copy DVD and Blu-ray. for getting around the encryption which is free. A friend told me that some of the Blue-Ray DVD's he buys will also come with a digital version for devices, something to think about for future purchases.

OP
I

iKMAC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookie, thanx for the clarification. I thought you were allowed to make a legal copy if you owned the DVD. I wonder if its just easier to purchase the movies directly from iTunes.
Do you know if you purchase movies from Apple TV can you transfer them to your iPhone or iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts