What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duplicate songs and a Sync question

Jaeme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having an issue with seeing duplicate songs and playlists on the ipad 2. I'm not sure why they are on there or even how they got there. Its kind of annoying because when I delete of the songs it will also delete it from a playlist. Also why does itunes sometimes duplicate entire playlists? It will add a 1 after the playlists, but its essentially the same playlist.

Also, is it possible to auto sync imported songs from CDs? The songs I buy from itunes will auto download to the ipad, but not the imported CDs.

AND one more thing... the search on these forums is not working. I keep getting a 404 error message when I try to search.

Thanks

Jaeme

Last edited:

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Deleting songs from the library will also delete them from playlists. Also, about automatic downloads: only songs purchased from the iTunes store can be downloaded onto other devices. You will have to manually sync the devices. Unfortunately, auto syncing is not possible with songs imported from CDs.
With your forum problem: are you sure you have a network connection? There may not be enough bandwidth available.

Andreagm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this one

I had an issue with duplicate songs too.
I found Tidy Up. I think it's the most complete duplicate finder around. What I really like about it, is that it is able to search in iTunes both by content and by tags (name, artist, album); this way you can find both the true duplicates and the same songs that are actually different files (maybe if the duration is different). There's a system the allows you to keep the better quality songs too!

You can find more information here: ww.speedyourmacup.com

I hope this will help! ;)

rgg1955

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an issue with duplicate songs too.
I found Tidy Up. I think it's the most complete duplicate finder around. What I really like about it, is that it is able to search in iTunes both by content and by tags (name, artist, album); this way you can find both the true duplicates and the same songs that are actually different files (maybe if the duration is different). There's a system the allows you to keep the better quality songs too!

You can find more information here: ww.speedyourmacup.com

I hope this will help! ;)

Is there an app for cleaning up duplicates on my iPad 4? Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts