What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumb newby question about 3G units

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, just each time you activate. So if I want coverage for April, then cancel and sign back up in July, I will have to pay the reactivation fee both months. If I sign up in April and just keep it on, I just have to pay the monthly service charge.

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, just each time you activate. So if I want coverage for April, then cancel and sign back up in July, I will have to pay the reactivation fee both months. If I sign up in April and just keep it on, I just have to pay the monthly service charge.

That would get very expensive, very fast. I'll probably end up going with
AT&T as well.

On the good side.....the AT&T store is the closest to me :D

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated Verizon Info

Okay, so after talking to 3 people who all told me that the activation fee was for real - the last 2 people even told me that there would be a $15 suspension fee - I asked the last woman I was talking to to please look it up on her computer and tell me exactly what it said. As it turns out, if you sign up for 3G directly from your IPad and pre-pay with a credit or debit card, there is no activation fee. The bottom line is that the people on the phones have not been informed of what's going on. Frustrating, indeed, but I am so happy to hear that there will not be a fee. Verizon is my choice simply because the coverage through AT&T is so spotty.

tstrong2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, so after talking to 3 people who all told me that the activation fee was for real - the last 2 people even told me that there would be a $15 suspension fee - I asked the last woman I was talking to to please look it up on her computer and tell me exactly what it said. As it turns out, if you sign up for 3G directly from your IPad and pre-pay with a credit or debit card, there is no activation fee. The bottom line is that the people on the phones have not been informed of what's going on. Frustrating, indeed, but I am so happy to hear that there will not be a fee. Verizon is my choice simply because the coverage through AT&T is so spotty.

I can confirm the same. After going through 2 customer service reps who swore there was an activation fee, I got to someone who had a pulse and a clue who dug up the information and confirmed that there is no activation or cancellation fee if purchased via the Ipad 2 directly.

Most reactions

Latest posts