1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Dual Ipad 1 / Ipod Classic mains charger ?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by borischelski, Jun 12, 2011.

1. borischelski

borischelski iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am sick of travelling with 2 different apple chargers in my bag.

Pls can someone recommend me a single (UK) mains plug in charger - ideally reasonably priced & accessible ie ebay/amazon ? All the ones i have found are either compatible with one or the other but not both

any advice/links appreciated

many thanks
  2. Pocobear

Pocobear iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    The iPad charger should work with any iPad or iPod/iPhone. An iPod/iPhone charger will work with the iPad, but it will charge it slower, disregard the "Not charging" message, it' really charging, just slower. The iPod/iPhone charger puts out 5volts @ 500 milliamps and the iPad charger puts out 5volts @ 2100 milliamps or 2.1 amps. The iDevice will only use as many milliamps as it needs.
  3. borischelski

borischelski iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    aha thankyou ....i originally assumed they were multi purpose but was threown by the no charge message !