What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dual band router

jgbeach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
any ideas as to what settings to change to help Ipad wifi signal . Signal bars keep fluctuating and I am only one room away. Running 4.2 Ipad also apple tv constantly waiting for signal. I am using a Netgear WNDR3400 router.
thanks...newbie

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
any ideas as to what settings to change to help Ipad wifi signal . Signal bars keep fluctuating and I am only one room away. Running 4.2 Ipad also apple tv constantly waiting for signal. I am using a Netgear WNDR3400 router.
thanks...newbie

One thing is to make sure you don't have the same Network name (SSID) for the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz.

If you do have the same name it confuses the iPad and it might be switching back and forth between the 2.

I use the 5 GHz router set for wireless N only for the iPad. Then in iPad wi-fi setup I use the SSID for the 5GHz router.

Most reactions

Latest posts