What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropping WiFi

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problems with wifi dropping here on 4.2 also. I normally never installed SBSettings but the wifi-dropping got so bad I installed SBSettings just to have fast access to turn wifi off then back on to get the signal back. No problems on 3.2x but I did have problems with all the 4.2 betas and now the final version. I hope they fix it but I truly doubt it.

OP
A

all2easy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dropping wifi - Cured

Having started this particular thread I felt I should let you know that my problem has resolved itself completely now I have changed my wifi router.
I had a Linksys WAG160N router which worked perfectly OK with all my other kit - just not my ipad!
I have now changed my router to a BT HOME HUB and the problem has gone away.
I had tried everything with the Linksys including updating to the latest software from the support website, but nothing seemed to cure the problem. I don't understand why the BT Home Hub works where my Linksys didn't but I no longer care - It just works!!

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I tested to see what happened at my house this weekend when I ran as many devices going at once. I had 2 computers and my iPad (running Netflix) on for the better part of 10 hours while ripping down my DVD collection, watching show after show on the iPad and playing some online gaming. Not even a hiccup on any device.

I have a Linksys WRT160Nv2 that is 1 year old and going strong.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine doesn't drop the wifi unless I shut off the virtual router of mine. And if there is any known hotspot in sight iPad auto connects to it without bothering as well. If I turn it off and backon and any hotspot is available it auto connects immediately after booting up. I wonder that it might be your router. I have wifi issue which is kind of opposite to yours though,if I turn off my router or is out of range of any router my iPad still shows the wifi bar in the top bar unless I go to the wifi tab in settings.

Check your router and other settings and your wifi configuration in iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts