What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropped my iPhone 6 Plus

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Much sadness here. I'll be driving 155 miles to the nearest Apple Store tomorrow. Because I have AppleCare, the gas will cost me more than the replacement cost for the phone. Maybe I should get a case while I'm at it. (Sigh)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430422685.419407.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Much sadness here. I'll be driving 155 miles to the nearest Apple Store tomorrow. Because I have AppleCare, the gas will cost me more than the replacement cost for the phone. Maybe I should get a case while I'm at it. (Sigh)

View attachment 64287
Good thing you had AppleCare+, I've purchased it for every device except my first iPad, on which I dropped a camera lens, cracking the screen. It's a good thing your iPhone appears to be operating correctly so you could back it up before heading off to the Apple Store. Let us know how it goes. I'm assuming you'll get a refurbished iPhone as a replacement.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi TP - sorry for your accident - best of luck! :) Wife has the regular iPhone 6 w/ a case that surrounds the edges and back, guess somewhat protective depending on the height of the fall & the surface encountered - assume you are driving to Spokane since you're located in the southeast corner of Washington State - I buy a LOT of wines from your state and many come from that area (as you likely know better than me).

Hope that all goes well w/ your AppleCare - the charging cable on my MagSafe frayed after 2 years (as shown below) - still had a year left on my AppleCare and after a call to Apple, I was sent a new one which arrived Monday - no charge to me - returned the damaged one w/ a postage-free label. Dave
P1020405.JPG

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch! Sorry to see that happen Twerppoet. Good luck with your trip to the Apple Store.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch! That would not have been a pleasant feeling tp....my commiserations.
Your mishap has all the more made me glad that I also took out that extra peace-of-mind cover. Have a safe trip mate!:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Twerppoet, that looks like it would really hit the spot about now! I'll have to give Red Robins a try!

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Actually I'm feeling a bit bloated right now. It's been a long time since I ate a full-size burger and fries

Anyway, the screen is fixed and pretty as new. Now for the long drive home.

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh yes, and now I've got a blue leather case on it. It's less bulky than I thought it would be and hopefully will prevent any future damage.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad your iPhone is good as new. Was the wait very long? BTW, the one thing I remember about my only visit to a Red Robin on a trip to the United States was how huge the burgers were. They made the Whopper look like a junior kids burger.

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Post picture, let's see it!

See? All better.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430532609.410213.jpg

I expected the case to be a bit grippier in hand than the bare iPhone, but there appears to be an unexpected bonus. It looks like it will stay put in my front shirt pocket when I bend forward. At least with this shirt. I'll have to do some more, careful experimentation before I decide it is safe there full time.

That's how it got broken. I like to put it there, for quick access when I am playing on the computer. I had completely forgotten it was in that pocket, until I bent over to pick up the dog's food dish.

Most reactions