What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropped my iPad and it hit the floor HARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK stupid accident. It is OK now but i bet it would have recorded a nasty shock (which i am sure they do).

It was powered up and running fine when it slipped out of the leather holster and dropped directly onto the floor from table height directly onto one edge.

The screen was BLACK and if the power on button was pressed the backlight came on, nothing else... so something was working. I chose to leave it 10minutes... The normal Wakeup face activate switch did nothing.

The same happened 10mins later so i did the usual reset; power switch and front activate switch pressed together. I waited and up came the usual Logo but this time with red sparkles zapping all around it....and minutes later it was fine and my iPad is working well.

Is this part of the 'recovery' from shock boot, (i haven't done a full search but am just interested).

I have also sorted the rubbish leather holder that had become a bit loose. :eek:

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very glad to hear that you recovered your iPad OK. I bet your heart rate went off the scale.....

I know most laptops have HDD protection to secure the disk in the event of a similar fall but I'll be interested to find out if there's any similar protection in the iPad and, if so, what is its purpose - since the iPad has a solid state 'HDD'.

When I read stories like yours, I increasingly treat my iPad as though it contained a carton of eggs.....

Tim
Scotland

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Very glad to hear that you recovered your iPad OK. I bet your heart rate went off the scale.....

I know most laptops have HDD protection to secure the disk in the event of a similar fall but I'll be interested to find out if there's any similar protection in the iPad and, if so, what is its purpose - since the iPad has a solid state 'HDD'.

When I read stories like yours, I increasingly treat my iPad as though it contained a carton of eggs.....

Tim
Scotland

It's quite possible as I am aware that Macs have used accelerometers for some years now to lock down the HD if it senses that it is falling however, as you say, why do this with a solid state device but who knows.......it's good that it survived, that's the main thing!

The Archangel

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
..... I waited and up came the usual Logo but this time with red sparkles zapping all around it....and minutes later it was fine and my iPad is working well.
:eek:

That RED SPARKLES part is interesting. I know only about red arrow with the "slide to power off" prompt.

Herisson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my Ipad Too

I dropped my iPad yesterday afternoon on to a concret floor :confused:
Screen went Red tinted sparkling red on screen
I rebooted , restored default settings, recharged...
nothing worked
the next morning started to use it and it just came good :D
maybe the redness is some recovery thing ?

Mornay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scared, Just dropped my Ipad

Scared, Just dropped my IPad!

Mornay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scared, Just dropped my Ipad

So I tried all the steps as above but it still will not cut on. I'm so like scared, I love my ipad! If thers anything else I can try please, please, please. Tell if you can!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but the best we can do is suggest you contact Apple at the store or online for a check of the iPad and possible repair. The website for Apple Support is: www.apple.com/support.

I am sorry for your troubles. However, as this is the best advice we can give, this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts