What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropped iPad

helpdesk1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our iPad was dropped when slipped on the side walk and now the background flashes red and black. The apps still work but how can I fix the background?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
H

helpdesk1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked! I hit it on the back a few times and the colors went back to normal. I can't believe that worked. Thank you!!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Woohoo--glad it worked!

Well, you deserve a big LIKE from the OP - now I've look at that thread before and no one who has had their screens 'corrected' w/ the pats of the back (I recall 'burping' my son nearly 40 years ago) - my impression is that w/ a 'drop' a connection is loosened (but does not detach) - this loosened connection may become firmer w/ those pats - just my assumption; so is this a temporary or lasting cure? Don't know but expect that for those who have revived their iPads, the problem may still return.

Also, I'm surprised that the Genius Bar​ seem to be completely ignorant of a problem that really did need a screen replacement but could be corrected by establishing a firmer connection at a decent cost - Dave

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess giving it the good old kick does fix an issue. Worked decades ago, still works now.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you deserve a big LIKE from the OP - now I've look at that thread before and no one who has had their screens 'corrected' w/ the pats of the back (I recall 'burping' my son nearly 40 years ago) - my impression is that w/ a 'drop' a connection is loosened (but does not detach) - this loosened connection may become firmer w/ those pats - just my assumption; so is this a temporary or lasting cure? Don't know but expect that for those who have revived their iPads, the problem may still return.

Also, I'm surprised that the Genius Bar​ seem to be completely ignorant of a problem that really did need a screen replacement but could be corrected by establishing a firmer connection at a decent cost - Dave

I have never heard of this "phenomenon" before joining this forum. I believe it was mentioned by Leelai sometime ago and I had no idea that could work. I believe it worked for her. Regarding temporary fix, maybe. However, I know that Leelai hasn't had issues since! :)

I guess giving it the good old kick does fix an issue. Worked decades ago, still works now.

A few old fashion whacks always seems to help!

Fred Garvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad it worked.... Too bad it didn't work for Al Bean on the moon....

iPad Air 32Gb Wi-Fi; 17" MacBook Pro; 24" iMac; iPhone 4; iPod Nano 6th Gen; iPod Shuffle; Apple TV 2

Most reactions

Latest posts