What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropped iPad now backlighting is red

MLau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad fell off the nightstand and tumbled to the floor. Suddenly everything went RED. What was black in the borders is now red or pinkish red. All pictures have red tint. The lettering is red or purple. What happened?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may have damaged something inside the iPad. If a reset or a restart doesn't put it back to rights, you'll need to take it to an Apple Store for them to tell you. Honestly? It sounds as if you broke something.

Sorry.

Marilyn

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, it sounds like you toasted it. I have had a couple of very close calls myself.
I have heard Apple store people are awesome about this kind of thing so they may even replace it.
I don't know for sure they will but it is worth a try.

OP
M

MLau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually the apps all work, the red and purple tint gone from each app, but i can see the red in the background. My sign in screen lettering is all red - supposed to be black. Guess I will pay a visit to my friendly Apple store.

OP
M

MLau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have not done anything to it except let time pass. 12 hrs later, everything is fine. No red tint, no blotchy purple and pink. Hmmmm? Temperamental technology...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's great! Glad it worked out okay. Just keep an eye on it, just in case. But, again, hurray!!!

Marilyn

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MLau said:
My iPad fell off the nightstand and tumbled to the floor. Suddenly everything went RED. What was black in the borders is now red or pinkish red. All pictures have red tint. The lettering is red or purple. What happened?

I feel yuh. Nothing like the feeling you get when something goes wrong with your iPad or iDevice. Almost like the world is falling apart. Or your world [at least].
My gf & I were leaving her parents house (with a bunch of stuff in hand) to follow her cousin to their new place. Got to the car, where I stupidly placed my 64GB + 3G on top of our SUV. Needless to say I drove off forgetting to tuck it inside. Her cousin took off {& that's a pet peeve of mine as well. If someone is following you don't drive hella fast through traffic} where I had to hurry up before I lost'em. As soon as I'd gotten up I felt/ heard something tumbling across the roof. I looked in my mirror & saw my iPad rolling in the suicide lane. My heart started pounding as my $$$, lottery tickets & iPad was rolling & blowing away. Luckily what looked like the screen smashing into many pieces was just the items I had tucked in my iPad case (an Incase convertible I think it's called). The case kept my iPad from completely being destroyed, but it was nolonger flawless (like I like to keep my iDevices) + my power/ sleep button had been mashed into the body to where I had to wait for it to sleep in order for it to turn off.
I was crushed. I couldn't even look at it or pick it up. 3 days went bi & I don't think I picked it up but to examine it. Then finally decided to take it into Apple to be replaced. Long story short Apple ended up replacing it. But not before I showed him the receipt of how much money I spent that day in their store when I got my iPad, 1 for my gf, 2 iPad cases, an Apple Tv, 2 32GB 4th gen iPod Touch, & coverage for my iPad.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions