What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox?

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone please take the time to explain to me exactly what Dropbox is used for? I did read the description of it in the app store, but I'm looking for a bit more specific description. If this info has already been posted in another thread, just let me know and I'll go to it :)

Sent from my iPad 3

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dropbox is cloud storage like Box.net, Sugarsync etc. it is a great way to save files, photos, whatever that are accessible from anywhere once you ave an Internet connection. What else would you like to know about it? Easy to upload, easy to download.

OP
Krysta

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that pretty much sums it up! Thanks so much :)

Sent from my iPad 3

cherapin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox is so addicting! Now I just saved all my files and pictures to it because I can't even count how many times I lost my pictures during a computer breakdown and forgetting to back it up.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love Dropbox too but also use Box.net and Sugar Sync. Box.net has much more free space than Dropbox.

cherapin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Dropbox too but also use Box.net and Sugar Sync. Box.net has much more free space than Dropbox.

Thanks for the recommendation about Box.net . Is it as secure as dropbox and easy to use? I'm using almost 1gb at dropbox but too cheap to pay for the upgrade...

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To be honest I do not know how secure it is as I do not really have very sensitive documents to put up. I also have to use a browser to access and upload from the desktop but it is easy and I notice more iPad apps are providing the option to upload from the iPad to box.net.

ssarmazi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the pharm industry which is quite particular about security, and I can tell you that while we haven't deployed a cloud-based system, our IT folks are working with box.com because they feel it is the most secure of all of these products.

Most reactions

Latest posts