What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox vs?

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have been having problem with Dropbox. It at times won't sync with computer or iPad. The computer one won't show same as iPad and vice versa.
Sometimes either one will be right and other wrong. I am spending time trying to correct the one in error. It is the numbers app that the problem is in. I have no problem with any other programs on either computer or pad. Is there something that is more reliable than Dropbox?

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have been having problem with Dropbox. It at times won't sync with computer or iPad. The computer one won't show same as iPad and vice versa.
Sometimes either one will be right and other wrong. I am spending time trying to correct the one in error. It is the numbers app that the problem is in. I have no problem with any other programs on either computer or pad. Is there something that is more reliable than Dropbox?

I have never had a problem and I must keep several devices synchronized. Are you sure it is a Dropbox problem? I think Dropbox is as good a good service as any. And like any service, occasionally things go bad.

You might consider Sky Drive. Not sure if there is an iPad app for SD, but the web interface is easy to use. Apple's services might be a good way to go. Apple is not going anywhere so I think when I decide to move permanently to the cloud, it will not be with a free service, it will be with a stable company that is not likely to go away. And I am NOT saying DB is or will be a problem; for all I know, DB will be around for a very long time.

Lots of cloud services out there, pick one. Perhaps you can ask Mr. Google. My fear is security. I know these services are secure . . . the developers tell us so. Then we learn about one of these secure sites being hacked. Not saying you should worry, just wonder about the what-ifs. Regular backups is the way to save your arse.

And when you find a replacement for DB, ask Google about it. You will encounter thousands of people that think it rules and thousands that say it sucks. The web is a bad place (in many cases) to find out if something is truly good or if Dyson built it.

I'll stick with DB because it has proven to be reliable.

Most reactions

Latest posts