What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox issue Help needed

RealEstateDiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot open Dropbox. Whenever I click on it it launches but closes. I have it with Documents to go. When I receive an attachment in an email, and I click on it I get the "open in Dropbox" balloon. however when I click on it nothing happens. I cannot find a way to open the attachment.

OP
R

RealEstateDiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pressed the button on the side and it turned off and then I hit the round button on the front and it came back on. I am guessing that is what you mean by restarting. Is there something else I should do to restart it. dropboxis still not opening.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RealEstateDiva said:
I pressed the button on the side and it turned off and then I hit the round button on the front and it came back on. I am guessing that is what you mean by restarting. Is there something else I should do to restart it. dropboxis still not opening.

Hold the home key, which is the round key, and power key at the same time until you see a silver apple logo. Usually take 10-12seconds...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
R

RealEstateDiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the reboot but I cannot open the PDF in Dropbox the Dropbox blue logo screen appears and the closes quickly. I can open the PDF in quick office but no way to save it. I use to be able to open in either and save in either.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Double tap the home key to bring up the multi tasking bar at bottom of screen and hold finger on an icon till they wiggle then hit the "x" to close the programs and then reboot.

OP
R

RealEstateDiva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok closed out everything then rebooted. Dropbox still not opening and no way to save the PDF to DROPBOX or Quickdocs

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Howabout deleting the dropbox app off iPad, no worries you won't lose anything, reboot ipad then re-install dropbox.

Most reactions