What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drop box and PDFs files

ripipemender

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad Pro as well as Windows computer to produce work documents. I save a copy to drop box so I can have access to it on the road. (Service tech). I created a form with Adobe, fill in on either iPad or computer, when I try to access form from drop box, I get the blank form with no problems, but to see information I need to open in Adobe reader. It does not auto open. But if I download a per document from other locations it opens right in Dropbox. Anyone have a shortcut

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dropbox uses the build in preview feature of iOS. This does not support forms data or other PDF annotation information. It won't hurt a form to be viewed this way, but it won't show that info either. You can use the Open In feature of DropBox to copy the form to Acrobat Reader and annotate it.

It does not look like Acrobat Reader supports direct access to DropBox, but quite a few other PDF apps do. You can sign into DropBox in these apps to browse, edit, and save directly. My favorite is PDF Expert, which does a handy job of dealing with forms.

Most reactions

Latest posts