What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream Zoo Help

Bailrs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you do certain task achievements, you can do ones that will give you actual green dollars.

i3adfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the issue where every night, I collect all my coins and all I can do is breed 2-3 animals before the coins are gone again. It's limited my ability to expand or add-on to my current habitats because I have no coins left. I am working overtime to collect hearts as well, visiting as many zoos as I can as an employed person. I see many people have expanded further than me (I'm at level 43) so any advice is appreciated. Perhaps I just can't breed as many champions, but then I am making less coins so it's like a catch-22.

Also, I sincerely hope they are close with an update. My game crashes so often (usually when I'm on my 3rd or 4th neighbor visit) that it's really trying my patience. Sometimes it takes so long to get to the next zoo that my phone goes to sleep!

TexasSassy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pjki said:
I am experiencing a problem where I cannot place any of the areas or animals that I get on safari. The "done" after I move the area around is highlighted OUT, so I cannot choose "done". All I can do is just cancel and lose the area and/or the animal I just won on safari.

How do you place an "area" or an "animal" after you win it on safari?

If the area you want to place has a reddish border around it then try moving it until it is all green. The done button should be lit. There seem to be some places that are not suitable to place certain objects. Not sure if this is always true but I have had some luck with that. I have not found any forums anywhere that really address issues with this game or provide any hints. The more neighbors you visit and send gifts to, the more coins and hearts you collect. The higher level you reach the more it costs to get mates and breed and longer until they get delivered. I believe it takes several people to help out the baby until it delivers. Each time someone clicks on it just the time gets shorter. These are just some of the things I've noticed.
HTH

arnaknagsak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Putting the +70% decor around your animals really helps increase your earnings. Also you will make more money if you keep all of the animals of each type together (ie. jungle, arctic) because they will all share the same big batch of decor, resulting in larger payouts. :) for example I used to have my jungle animals in two diff areas, each at approx +300%. Now that I've combined them, all jungle animals get about +600% :) much nicer!!

rhino0511

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't expand any more either and I am at level 39. The game also keeps taking my dollars away even though I haven't purchased a decor item or anything else. Do not spend your money apparently Zynga just takes it!

DianeRomero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You get the green dollars by clicking on the golden fruit. Not all the golden fruit will give you green dollars, sometimes it give you hearts or yellow money. When I play, I found that the hearts usually appear on the neighbors daily, but I think it depends on how often the neighbor actually goes to his zoo. Hope this helps.

GineNyiRa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't expand any more either and I am at level 39. The game also keeps taking my dollars away even though I haven't purchased a decor item or anything else. Do not spend your money apparently Zynga just takes it!

I noticed at one point I was actually buying some things with dollars without realizing - I had thought I was using hearts, but mindlessly clicked the wrong button. Once I realized that, I made sure to save my dollars until I had enough for my third stork - but it took a while. The dollars are not all that easy to come by.

GineNyiRa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the issue where every night, I collect all my coins and all I can do is breed 2-3 animals before the coins are gone again. It's limited my ability to expand or add-on to my current habitats because I have no coins left. I am working overtime to collect hearts as well, visiting as many zoos as I can as an employed person. I see many people have expanded further than me (I'm at level 43) so any advice is appreciated. Perhaps I just can't breed as many champions, but then I am making less coins so it's like a catch-22.

Also, I sincerely hope they are close with an update. My game crashes so often (usually when I'm on my 3rd or 4th neighbor visit) that it's really trying my patience. Sometimes it takes so long to get to the next zoo that my phone goes to sleep!

You are at a higher level than me! I do think a certain amount of the game is about waiting, if you don't want to invest real money. But if you strategize your land arrangements to maximize the coins you collect, that does help. For example, I think my rhinos make $26k every 12 hours. In order to get the most out of your land you need to arrange all the animals so they touch a continuous land mass of your purchased land - then any animal that touches that continuous land mass benefits from all the percentage points of all the purchased land. Once you have the land configured to maximize your income, you make sure the paths also do the same. Since you have to have one space between your animals and the next terrain type, if you include a path between them, you get a percentage bump from that as well. It is good to have a path all the way around each animal type so you get a percentage bump.

I also agree about the update - it will be nice to have the crashes and the land mass issues in particular corrected.

GineNyiRa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, this is off subject, but I can't find ANY help for Dream Zoo on the web. I've googled all night and this is the closest I could get. Zynga has no forum for Dream Zoo. And I couldn't figure out how to post a NEW post on this forum, so I merely responded to one that is already open.

If someone could first direct me to HOW I post a NEW post on this forum, I'd sure appreciate it. I don't see "new post" anywhere on the page where I am right now. Also, does anyone know where I can find support for the Zynga game Dream Zoo? I can NEVER "place" anything I win. When it says "drag this item to move" I can drag it anywhere and everywhere and the "Next" remains highlighted out to where I am forced to "cancel". I have lost animals, items, property. How do I get the "next" highlighted so I can opt to choose that and KEEP what I earn? I even PAID for an item to see if that would work, and I cannot place it at all.

Hope someone can direct me to SUPPORT for the Dream Zoo. Thank you!!

I think what you posted was a new post. It looks like one! I haven't found any other support either, but this site has been helpful to me. I agree with another poster that the Zynga people are probably overwhelmed by the success of their game.

You can email support at this address: dreamzoosupport at zynga dot com. The good news is that they do respond, the bad news is that it seems to be a cookie cutter answer that says, "I'm sorry that you are having xyz problem with Dream Zoo. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app" - from what i have seen on this site and others, everyone receives the exact same instructions. When I sent my request, an update came out the following day that fixed the main problem I was having (Desert Safari rewards did not show in my reward screen), and it would have been nice if the support message could have just said that - "sorry you are having xyz problem, we are actively working on a fix that should correct this and expect to release it within 48 hours," or something like that. But they are listening, since there was a fix last week, hopefully there's another quickly on the way!

As another poster noted - in order to place something, the box around it needs to be green, not red. if it is red, it is too close to another type of animal, or it is not quite square in the spot it should go into.

GineNyiRa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW, this is the ONLY forum I have found on the web that even talks about Dream Zoo. Why is there no support forum? or even a user manual that explains how to play the game. Everything I want to do seems to require a purchase with REAL MONEY. I can't believe some of them are like $39.00!!! I'm shocked! Some of these zoos must cost people $500 LOL or more! They have tons of areas and animals.

I thought you could play the game earning points, hearts, etc? But it looks like you have to pay REAL MONEY to accumulate property and animals???

I haven't paid any real money yet - i'm only on level 33, but I just keep earning coins and hearts and the occasional dollar, and trying to get lots of friends so I can earn 4 hearts each and so they will give me hearts everyday - btw - i don't know about the rest of you, but i much prefer a daily heart to 250 coins! the coins are pretty useless but the hearts add up quickly.

GineNyiRa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have logged in to Dream Zoo several times through Facebook and I'm still not getting the 10 green dollars
It is promising. Anyone else having this issue?! How do I resolve it?

I gave in and logged into facebook so I could get the last $10 to afford my stork, and I had the same problem. Nothing happened - for about 2 or 3 days, then all of a sudden i logged in one day and poof it told me i had my facebook award and I got my $10.

Jesycka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do u collect mystery gifts that were given when visiting other zoos?

AWK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone found a resolution to the expansion problem? I expanded in the one area it let me by the water and now I can't expand anywhere. Makes the game a dead end.

I did the delete and reinstall but that didn't help at all. Annoying that there is no real support for this game or any contact information.

ciawoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

One thing I have noticed while visiting neighbours is that they leave the beginning of the zoo clear and move all their babies there so they are easy to find. It's a good way to get your babies delivered quickly.

Yesterday I purchased a heap of cash but did not receive it. I emailed Dream Zoo who replied within a couple of hours, but have only offered me a refund on proof of purchase. This has not solved the problem and I'm reluctant to purchase again. Will have to spent my gift voucher elsewhere )-|

The_Suncat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to get past Level 50?

I seem to be "stuck" at Level 50 and among my Zoo Friends, I haven't seen anyone with any animals past what I have. Is there some special key to unlocking more animals or is this it? I've made plenty of stars but my star meter just always shows 0 stars til the next level.

I haven't had any problems with expansions or getting the free cash that was promised. Just this!

Most reactions

Latest posts