What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream Zoo Help

DENISECORFU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dinosaur update

For everyone that is having the issue with buying stuff (animals, land etc...) and it disappearing along with your money. It's because the land surrounding your animal that is multiplying your animals earnings exceeding 1,000%. when you cash in your money it will save it in the bank until you purchase something like an expansion or an animal or upgrade, then it will take away whatever you purchased along with all of the money that you have been cashing in. The trick is to never exceed 1,000% land multiplier which means you can never have more then fourteen 60% lands surrounding one animal. Good luck! Took me a very long time to figure out and a ton of wasted coins as well...

As for the new upgrade, I'm very disappointed that zynga decided to make the dinosaurs and the dinosaur safaris only available with zoo bucks. Was looking forward to the update since I pretty much have every champion animal available and wanted to expand my zoo, but it looks like I'm not going to be getting any new animals any time soon since I refuse to pay for zoo bucks...

How did you get the dinosaur update? No updates are showing for me only the last one which sped up visiting friends.

DENISECORFU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the dinosaur update and just to go on one Safari to look for them costs 51 zoo cash and all the decor etc is all in zoo cash making it far too expensive for me to play so I have deleted it entirely so to all the 108 people who I have had as friends I am really sorry.

Susan44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see dinosaurs are now available. When i saw this my first thought was GREAT. What a schmuck I turned out to be, believing Zynga would provide something their customers wanted. The ONLY way to get dinosaurs is with ZOO CASH...that's right...the stuff you have to buy with real money. Even the safaris can only be purchased with zoo cash. Zynga su cks!
I totally agree! I thought this game was advertised as free to play! Now that you have to pay real money, isn't that false advertising? I have masses of gold and hearts and was ready to go on a spending spree when the Dino's turned up, now I have no choice but to delete! Zynga definitely sucks!!!

Foreverkiwis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Foreverkiwis said:
I see dinosaurs are now available. When i saw this my first thought was GREAT. What a schmuck I turned out to be, believing Zynga would provide something their customers wanted. The ONLY way to get dinosaurs is with ZOO CASH...that's right...the stuff you have to buy with real money. Even the safaris can only be purchased with zoo cash. Zynga su cks!

Just a note re the above. There are two different dinosaur categories. The first can only be purchased with zoo cash. The second comprises levels 51 to 55. These can be purchased with zoo cash or by safari. Safaris can be purchased either with zoo cash OR hearts. The cost either way is high. All additions in both cases can only be purchased with zoo cash. Also flat tyres on safari will cost 175000 coins to repair each time. The first time I tried a Dino Safari I got three flat tyres and no dinosaurs, the second time two flat tyres and one dinosaur. Breeding these dinosaurs is also more expensive than all other animals.

Leonovator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everytime I try to buy one of the animals I collect from a safari I get a "loading" screen. After that screen, I don't have the animal and most of my coins have disappeared. Anyone else having this problem? I also can't purchase expansions. They disappear as well. Any suggestions?

Yes!! This is really getting on my nerves! I like this game but the little glitches that take away all your coins and undo your 'last move' are driving me nuts. I have to buy all new animals (and sometimes expansions) at least 2-3 times before they actually stay in my zoo. This takes days every time to save up enough coins to try again. So annoying! But they suck you into this game with all the cute animals. Unfortunately until they (and by they I refer to Zynga) make another update to address this issue there isn't much we can do *sad face.

TexasSassy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also VERY annoyed with the zynga people because of the need to those zoo bucks especially since there is virtually no way that I have figured out to earn them. Every once in a while I get one but having 5 or 10 is worthless when decorations and things cost in the range of $40 to 100 of their bucks. It's absurd! The very costly expansions and animal upgrades really slows your progress as you are always waiting to earn coins from your animals so you can get more. Also I have noticed in the past few days that when visiting neighbor zoos that when you try to speed up babies that if the animal is partially blocking the crib or the sign then I can't get it to accelerate. The animals will eventually move away a bit if you tap on them but I don't want to spend 5 or 6 minutes at every visit. When the animals are huge like the elephants and now the dinos they don't have enough of their territory to move far enough away. The Dino enhancements that add space and value all cost those dang bucks. Sorry, just venting. Still like the game but I hope Zynga wises up before no one keeps playing.

i3ruin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For everyone that is having the issue with buying stuff (animals, land etc...) and it disappearing along with your money. It's because the land surrounding your animal that is multiplying your animals earnings exceeding 1,000%. when you cash in your money it will save it in the bank until you purchase something like an expansion or an animal or upgrade, then it will take away whatever you purchased along with all of the money that you have been cashing in. The trick is to never exceed 1,000% land multiplier which means you can never have more then fourteen 60% lands surrounding one animal. Good luck! Took me a very long time to figure out and a ton of wasted coins as well...

Let me point out that since Habitat Space Bonus is shared equally among all touching Animals, the best thing to do it make a big space with your habitat space till the maximum 1000%, then move 1 animal at a time touching that space, collect the coins, move the animal out, and bring a new animal in.

According to my spreadsheet, the best ratio animal is always the ones at the highest level. However, if you can collect very very very often, stick to the first 6 animals in the first level.

tdfrees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I had of looked for help earlier! There are a lot of helpful tips here, so thanks for posting them! I have become addicted to this game and I am now at level 38. I am still confused about neighbors. The only way I know to find new neighbors is through the 'other zoo players' and when I visit them, sometimes it doesn't ask me to add them as neighbors? Then there are some neighbors that show up under neighbors saying 'invite sent' with 2 hearts and even though I visit them and I know they visit me, the hearts say at 2 instead of 4?
My zoo code is CBGBWYW if you are looking for neighbors! Always happy to help accelerate babies and expansions!

Jmucheech21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!! I have a question about safari.

I have gone on safari multiple times and it has said that I found various animals. How do I retrieve these animals? They have not been automatically put into the zoo and I can't find an inventory or anything of the sort that they are in.. Any help you all could give me would be greatly appreciated!!

Kerenkstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jmucheech21 said:
Hello!! I have a question about safari.

I have gone on safari multiple times and it has said that I found various animals. How do I retrieve these animals? They have not been automatically put into the zoo and I can't find an inventory or anything of the sort that they are in.. Any help you all could give me would be greatly appreciated!!

They into your animal stock. If you click on your menu on the lower right hand corner, 8 options pop up. The first tab on the right hand side says "wild Animals". There is where your animals are placed. I assume you already know you can only place animals that you have unlocked. This game doesn't have a set of readable rules. The developers are nothing to write to mom about. Have fun!

monkeytine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys! I've just created a new forum site for Dream Zoo at Edited by Moderator - Do not post links to your own site, please read the forum rules.

There are separate topics (Help, General Discussion, neighbors, etc...) and users can create their own posts and threads for easier use. I've also made an FAQ and Directions topic for new users. There are a lot of questions, tips, and tricks for dream zoo, and this forum will hopefully compile all the answers to one easy website! I know I was confused and had loads of questions when I first started playing, and I wish that there had been a forum created earlier.

Enjoy, and feel free to message me with any feedback on the forum :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

vanillabug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just loaded the Dream Zoo update released today. My animals are now collecting a quarter of what they used to. Anyone else having this problem? I can't tell if the disappearing expansion bug has been fixed because I haven't been able to collect enough coins to buy one yet. My rhinos used to collect around 200,000 coins, they now only collect 53,000.

ciawoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've updated mine to and from what I can see all the bugs are still there and game crashes even more now. I can't pick up from my inbox and when I visit neighbours it always crashes. It's really annoying

i006309

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vanillabug said:
Just loaded the Dream Zoo update released today. My animals are now collecting a quarter of what they used to. Anyone else having this problem? I can't tell if the disappearing expansion bug has been fixed because I haven't been able to collect enough coins to buy one yet. My rhinos used to collect around 200,000 coins, they now only collect 53,000.

I've added two land expansions today, needed to purchase coins to do it and purchased the speed up option, yet both have disappeared. I like this game but the frequent crashes are ridiculous and the fact that they'd come out with games like this without instructions in this day and age seems dumb. I don't like losing money to anyone these days! Frustrating and concerned since I'm a shareholder!

SonjaShores

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this game and love it. I'm stuck with something that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere.. I've been trying to place new animals but keep getting a message saying "habitats cannot touch" and I can't figure out where I can place them. Can anybody help? Thanks so much in advance.

And I'm looking for neighbors: I'm CAMSXZM

Most reactions

Latest posts