What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream list of wants for iPad 3

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Retina Display ambivalent about this, maybe have it as an option

SD card slot I know highly unlikely but would be nice to move files or a movie to a card and take it along

USB port I know highly unlikely but would be nice to move files or a movie to a usb thumbdrive and take it along

256 GB memory I just don't know how people get by with 16

A keyboard/case with batteries that charge the iPad while you are typing, easily disconnected or easily carried with the iPad that basically turns it into a laptop when you need that type of computer

much better cameras

Siri

hinke00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Better cameras, retina display, better battery, built-in printer, holographic 3d display (like in star wars), lighter device, it should be foldable to a size of an iPhone, mirror function, gps thing, satellite internet, louder speakers with massive bass, projector to watch movies on the wall.

elicity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me it has to be a higher res display. My iPad 1 display looks a bit blocky now. Maybe a faster processor as well.

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
quad core processor and 2 gigs of ram, and apple should dump the 16 gig model and just make 32. 64 and 128 gigs models

gp2k8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi res screen. Anything else doesn't matter for me. 4g connection could be easily used via a carriers modem and a pocket router.

maplemeadows

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elicity said:
For me it has to be a higher res display. My iPad 1 display looks a bit blocky now. Maybe a faster processor as well.

Not sure why it looks blocky, it has the same screen as the iPad 2 and I honestly think iPad trumps just about all other tablets in screen quality. Just so damn vibrant. But I do have to say, after owning the iPad 2 for a year when I use my cousins iPad 1 it feels a tad sluggish. I mean the difference to load an app may differ only seconds, maybe half a second but it is noticeable.

speedytv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard it's going to have a 8 track player cassette player and cd player no dvd or bluray.It wil have a built in flashlight not Led type.It wiil have a built in pencil sharpener programmable to your specific grind.It will have a massager for those tired days at work.It will have a coffe warmer too just place your coffe ontop of the ipad and will autodetect and maintain the right temperature also will have a car booster in case the battery of your car goes dead.Coming out february 30.2012

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I heard it's going to have a 8 track player cassette player and cd player no dvd or bluray.It wil have a built in flashlight not Led type.It wiil have a built in pencil sharpener programmable to your specific grind.It will have a massager for those tired days at work.It will have a coffe warmer too just place your coffe ontop of the ipad and will autodetect and maintain the right temperature also will have a car booster in case the battery of your car goes dead.Coming out february 30.2012

And it will be invisible !

AirPlayit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, and the expected features of it will come to us soon. People who plan to get the 2nd generation once found it hard to make a decision: iPad 2 or 3?

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i would also lik the ipad 3 to have a smaller bazel i was looking at other tablets & they have smaller & thiner bazel si pads 2 is to thick

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the bezel becomes smaller it becomes more difficult to hold the device without activating the touchscreen. I already find myself accidentally scrolling with my thumb. I think the bezel needs to stay, unless they reduce the weight of the iPad 3.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like a better screen and lighter weight. Better battery life would be good, but would be unlikely combined with less weight.

A USB port would be great, but seems even less likely.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Better cameras, retina display, better battery, built-in printer, holographic 3d display (like in star wars), lighter device, it should be foldable to a size of an iPhone, mirror function, gps thing, satellite internet, louder speakers with massive bass, projector to watch movies on the wall.

Lol. Apple probably could deliver on most of this, but who could afford it then?

Most reactions

Latest posts