What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
Just spent 130 gems and bought myself an apocalypse dragon. Marc, am I right that it can't be bred with another dragon, accept with another apocalypse? Don't want to buy another!

:D diz diz dizzy

Yes you're right. ;)

Sabahe78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I got my 2nd Butterfly. My quest for Leap Year continues. I was hoping to maybe get Ruby an Emerald as well ( my fab gem stone colors ), but with all the fails in breeding right now my hopes aren't high.

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sabahe78 said:
Well I got my 2nd Butterfly. My quest for Leap Year continues. I was hoping to maybe get Ruby an Emerald as well ( my fab gem stone colors ), but with all the fails in breeding right now my hopes aren't high.

I think they increase the chance of getting LYD, coz many here already got it, i also got one while trying for 3rd Apocalypse coz i accidentally put my 2nd on display. :D you can try for Ruby or Emerald, that can also give you possible LYD.

Bjj27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of you that had Leap Year prior to this recent release, were you able to breed another Leap year by breeding the one you had with a Rainbow?
The sandbox shows you can breed the two together and have a 50/50 chance of either, but I'm not sure if it worked that way previously?

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bjj27 said:
For those of you that had Leap Year prior to this recent release, were you able to breed another Leap year by breeding the one you had with a Rainbow?
The sandbox shows you can breed the two together and have a 50/50 chance of either, but I'm not sure if it worked that way previously?

It work that way previously while LYD is still around, when it's gone you'll only get Rainbow.

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kryp2n8 said:
It work that way previously while LYD is still around, when it's gone you'll only get Rainbow.

Check out the snow - so many beautiful changes. Epic breeding cave now a Christmas tree, bows appear everywhere, even some of the decorations have changed as well as habitats. Awesome! Now ... It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Santa too and a new snow globe - I love it;)

Big one - check out the gifting tree - giving gifts

Last edited:

Bjj27

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you! I was a little worried about that.

On another note, do you think there are certain dragons that should be attempted before others? I know this is a broad question, but I have been lucky and persistent enough to breed every dragon since I started in June.
My plan of attack was Leap Year first(I already bred one), Bloom, then Sakura. After those three, I would probably go for emerald and then clover(I got love when going for Leap Year). I think I have the rest.

marie6065

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
Check out the snow - so many beautiful changes. Epic breeding cave now a Christmas tree, bows appear everywhere, even some of the decorations have changed as well as habitats. Awesome! Now ... It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Santa too and a new snow globe - I love it;)

Big one - check out the gifting tree - giving gifts

Ohhh I love it!!!! It's so beautiful. 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' I'm singing too Di.

GC ID: mari3c ~ Patience & Perseverance

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marie6065 said:
Ohhh I love it!!!! It's so beautiful. 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' I'm singing too Di.

GC ID: mari3c ~ Patience & Perseverance

I can hear you all the way from WA to VIC.

I'm on holidays as of last night, so making changes to islands and just relaxing enjoying (loving) the time to play and recreate. Backflip have gone way beyond my expectations. Now all I want for Christmas is an apocalypse dragon and a emerald for a display egg.

Shame the snow globe costs over 12 million. Some players may not have that money to purchase it! They are beautiful though!

Last edited:

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has any one notice the Apocalypse Habitat is now releasing flames and bats because today is the D-Day. :D

image-3647686683.jpg

Most reactions