What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score

williamsbr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Segbert said:
I like to start, but what if something new comes out this weekend . . .or tonight. The new dragons been released before the actual holiday.

Brandy what are you predicting? Last time you were so right. . .

I'm going to say sometime over the weekend.

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Fletch I'm digging your islands!

Brandy

Why thank you.

I would love to check out the islands of other people in this thread, but I don't really have the time to just randomly click on friends parks. I do make time to visit the islands of those that post a blurb or explanation of their set up in this thread, because you know they've put some thought/time into it and it's more like visiting it with a friend instead of walking through it alone.

And yes that was a hint to each and every one of you. Don't be shy.

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birdmaestro said:
Skaterboy, you really challenge my intelligence. I've never been able to put all of your posts together and make something cohesive out of them.

Poppy

Lmao x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10 my sons GCID coxy 26

VDL04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fletch_smf said:
While you're still getting 3 elements done with the Panlong, keep breeding those for Earth, Air and Water. So 21 more of those. That will leave you with:

27 Lightning
2 Earth
30 Plant
40 Cold
47 Metal

Now we're a bit stuck because Plant doesn't combine with Metal. Cold generally has the longest breed times so I'd combine Plant with it, making 30 Lichens to leave us with

27 Lightning
2 Earth
10 Cold
47 Metal

27 Magnetics, 2 Irons and 10 Mines will leave us with 8 Metal dragons to get. So,

21 Panlong
30 Lichen
27 Magnetic
10 Mine
8 Metal
2 Iron

Now because you have 8 x 1 element dragons (the Metals) you could split up 3 of those panlongs to their separate elements to combine with the metals to give you 3 Iron, 3 Chrome and 3 Rust. This will drop total dragons required by 2 and save you 3 x 36 hours of breed time (replacing each one instead with 14 hours for an Iron, Chrome and Rust dragon for a Net Gain of 22 hours). So the final tally is:

18 Panlong
30 Lichen
27 Magnetic
10 Mine
5 Iron
3 Chrome
3 Rust

96 dragons all up.

Fletch, just remember reindeer (cold/plant) is only a 5 hr breed time. So much better then lichen

Tiffany xoxo

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brooklyn11220 said:
Nah i wouldnt say masters I'd say pretty good with a hint of DVCD (Dragonvale Compulsive Disorder) lol

And all that cash you guys must have accumulated since the last updates must of helped tremendously ,Corey said it was like Christmas come early lolx x x

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope I don't get any 48 hrs in the next couple of days - don't want my hatchery tied up just in case!

Lol don't blame you. Around ths time I start breeding for cash....pairs I know won't end up being 48hrs. :thumbs:

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brooklyn11220 said:
I would love to design my islands but I'm not good at that so I just use the new ones to make somewhat of a design , I don't touch the first 3 islands u get when you started the game because the mean so much to me it was harder to do almost everything when I started and i jam packed everything to fit in each one but for me the best moment I had during DV was when the only rare was rainbow and after 4 long days of trying and waiting an watching those minutes and hours pass I finally had seen that beautiful 48hrs on the clock and freaked out with happiness and my wife was like what's going on an I said I got the rainbow then she freaked out and asked me what combo I had used and logged on to her DV and started breeding her socks off till she got one , it was the funniest thing ever. Ahhhh good times those first days of DV were really good times.

It's an amazing feeling getting the rares isn't it x x x

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TommyB said:
Nice to be missed. Still here, though. Lots of struggles. Yep, less than 5mo to go, so halfway there. Ultrasound to reveal gender next Wed; very excited/curious. Ghost dragons are snickering at you all. Fletch, Oro Island looks great; nice contrasts in color. Stark and clean.

Yay glad your still here tommy you and fletch add the humour with your banter over gems and such lol ............ooh thats the exiting time as you can go out then and buy your first boy or girl item i didnt find out first time around we wanted the surprise but we asked for our second as my son was horrified at the thought of a sister ( not that he was that keen on a brother either lol but a bro would've been better than a sis To him ) x x x

Most reactions