What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

hazzarrd13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birdmaestro said:
Skaterboy, you really challenge my intelligence. I've never been able to put all of your posts together and make something cohesive out of them.

Poppy

I'm with you there!!!! Lol

Hazel gcid: hazzarrd13

altraeis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drdragonlady said:
Never thought I'd say this but I am breeding too many Suns, with a combo that's supposed to be Moon! I want another Moon so I can breed if I wish, and I am concentrating on breeding Panlongs. All the talk of billions of dollars blew me out of the water. Clearly I have neither the head or the inclination for math, but using Fletch's guide, have seized on 39 Pans as a staple to start with.

Can I just also say that I am in awe of the generosity that sees him preparing breeding plans for so many people. He and Poppy are both math whizzes from what I can see.

Fletch, if it's not too intrusive, what part of Australia do you hail from? I can understand if you prefer to keep that private. I love in Vic, just outside Melbourne. Would an Aussie get together be fun if distances made that feasible? Just us and our iPads or phones and a handy source of wifi nearby. Lol kim

Kim. Sent from my iPad using iPF

A DV get together! That would be cool.

Si

hazzarrd13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M.P Meyer said:
Who wants to bet the Easter or April fool or some other new thing is gunna be added2 nite at midnight, so I'm staying up till then...waiting..... It would be very nice to have people to chat with on something like, idk a DV forum or something :D

Roflmao. But well prob be here

angel2all

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Way after midnight here and I see no new dragons. :(. But still going strong at the shrine grind! Lol... I'm up to 12 of the panlongs with one in the nursery and breeding another. So will have 14 out of 43 soon. Baahaaahaaa!!! Omg. It is going soooo slow! Only 1 cave devoted to breeding pans right now as the other is breeding irons for dc for food to feed them to lvl them to 15!!! I need a ghost dragon!!! And a little cleaning fairy!!! Lol. ;)

April :) GCID Servant 16:9 (daughter Allison GCID Angel2all; daughter Amanda GCID Servant to one)

hazzarrd13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
angel2all said:
Way after midnight here and I see no new dragons. :(. But still going strong at the shrine grind! Lol... I'm up to 12 of the panlongs with one in the nursery and breeding another. So will have 14 out of 43 soon. Baahaaahaaa!!! Omg. It is going soooo slow! Only 1 cave devoted to breeding pans right now as the other is breeding irons for dc for food to feed them to lvl them to 15!!! I need a ghost dragon!!! And a little cleaning fairy!!! Lol. ;)

April :) GCID Servant 16:9 (daughter Allison GCID Angel2all; daughter Amanda GCID Servant to one)

I need a host dragon to collect coins and a huge ginormous cleaning fairy!!! I have lots of talents like many on here but cleaning isn't one of them.
:)

Steffany_W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This weekend job is just killing my DV time!!! I'm 20 pages behind and I know I don't have time to catch up...do sorry if these questions have been asked.

1- any word on the next dragon?
2- I know the metal element in general gives high Xp but has the chart been updated to show them with xp/hour? I'm so close to level 25!!!!

GC ID: Steffany_W

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Never thought I'd say this but I am breeding too many Suns, with a combo that's supposed to be Moon! I want another Moon so I can breed if I wish, and I am concentrating on breeding Panlongs. All the talk of billions of dollars blew me out of the water. Clearly I have neither the head or the inclination for math, but using Fletch's guide, have seized on 39 Pans as a staple to start with.

Can I just also say that I am in awe of the generosity that sees him preparing breeding plans for so many people. He and Poppy are both math whizzes from what I can see.

Fletch, if it's not too intrusive, what part of Australia do you hail from? I can understand if you prefer to keep that private. I love in Vic, just outside Melbourne. Would an Aussie get together be fun if distances made that feasible? Just us and our iPads or phones and a handy source of wifi nearby. Lol kim

Kim. Sent from my iPad using iPF

First up, the combo for breeding moon and sun is identical. It appears that it's the time of day you put them in the breeding cave that decides if it's a moon or sun. Sun is bred between 7am and 7pm. Moon is bred after 7pm and before 7am. If you are keen, you can change the time on your iphone/ipad to always be after 7pm so that your breeding will get you a moon instead of a sun.

And I am in Brisbane.

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This weekend job is just killing my DV time!!! I'm 20 pages behind and I know I don't have time to catch up...do sorry if these questions have been asked.

1- any word on the next dragon?
2- I know the metal element in general gives high Xp but has the chart been updated to show them with xp/hour? I'm so close to level 25!!!!

GC ID: Steffany_W

1.5 million XP from a Magnetic dragon, with a 4 hour time. If you put one in the breeding cave at 8am, midday, 4pm and 8pm you will get 6 million XP a day, so 250 000 XP per hour for the day. Double that if you do it both breeding caves. Basically, they level you up fast.

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
K here goes nothing

Working in air right now so should be done with it by breeding normals airs in a few days, work your magic, btw thanks in advance

Michael GCID M.P Meyer

Please stop breeding and feeding airs. It's a waste to work on a single element dragon.

So, I assume you want a plan for Gold Shrines, as Silvers are nearly done? You need:

43 Plant
44 Water
41 Earth
35 Fire
46 Metal
44 Cold
44 Lightning
44 Air

341 Elements.

So 41 Panlongs to start. This will get your Airs to silver and quite a ways to Gold.

43 Plant
3 Water
46 Metal
44 Cold
44 Lightning
3 Air

Tidy up the Air and Water with 3 Rust, 2 Snow and 1 Sonic. Leaving

43 Plant
43 Metal
42 Cold
43 Lightning

43 Magnetic and 43 Lichen/Reindeer will finish it up (or a Plant instead of that last Lichen if you prefer). So

41 Panlong
43 Magnetic
43 Lichen/Reindeer
3 Rust
2 Snow
1 Sonic

133 dragons to knock off 341 elements in the most efficient manner.

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If I post my shrines could you do that for me? I'm working at getting silver air and then I will have all silver but metal then I will post, or should I finish metal also? Also should I keep saving up for last island or buy food for shrines?

Michael GCID M.P Meyer

Also, the island is entirely up to you. Do you like what you have? Do you want some more room? If you're happy, then feel free to spend your money on food.

At the end of the day, they're both just aesthetics. Another island to spread things out, define another theme, etc or make your shrines a pretty gold colour. It's all about looks really.

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brooklyn11220 said:
I would love to design my islands but I'm not good at that so I just use the new ones to make somewhat of a design , I don't touch the first 3 islands u get when you started the game because the mean so much to me it was harder to do almost everything when I started and i jam packed everything to fit in each one but for me the best moment I had during DV was when the only rare was rainbow and after 4 long days of trying and waiting an watching those minutes and hours pass I finally had seen that beautiful 48hrs on the clock and freaked out with happiness and my wife was like what's going on an I said I got the rainbow then she freaked out and asked me what combo I had used and logged on to her DV and started breeding her socks off till she got one , it was the funniest thing ever. Ahhhh good times those first days of DV were really good times.

That is so cool... I am glad u shared that with us newbies... Thank you

Sent from. Tricia xoxox. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-game...g-guide-no-guarantees-no-friend-requests.html

Most reactions