What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon dictation system resident version?

heidiLoki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have intermittent hearing. Meaning that I am often deaf. I purchased the ipad for the dragon ap. When it has connectivity, dragon dictation, has really enhanced my life. I can "talk" to people by reading what they say. However, what I really need is an ap that is resident on my pad, for when 3G/ wifi is not available. Does anyone know of one? Or is there any chance dragon will make a resident application available. Thanks.

OP
H

heidiLoki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim,
I looked into this one for iPad field work programming. I think we are going with info track because, once again, there are problems with connectivity. This guy adds more problems. I need a resident speech program, that way, my ability to communicate is not tied to connectivity. Alas it is starting to look like I will have to get a tablet computer to reside this issue.
Thanks for your help
Heidi

OP
H

heidiLoki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,
Sorry I thought you were referring to the ap to run the computer. The speech to text one you are referring to requires connectivity also. Thanks for your help
Heidi

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Heidi,
I found your thread when I searched for "Dragon dictation" to research a concern that arose recently in the Dragon iPad app. The commenter said that Dragon uploads all of your contacts to the Dragon server (probably to increase marketing opportunities). This is probably one reason why you need connectivity (3G). Worse than that, if what he says is true that means it gets to invade the privacy of your contacts. Do you know anything about this?

Most reactions