What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon Dictation Question

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had both my iPad 2 & the Dragon Dictation app for the iPad for about a year now. I've just gotten around to learning how to use the app. It doesn't work very well at all. It's not very accurate & it doesn't dictate very much of anything. I realize there's a learning curve with this but I'm doing everything the instructions say to do and I'm still not getting very good results. I'm ready to just delete it & forget about it. I've looked on YouTube & it's been suggested that you get the best results with a microphone. I'd rather not buy one but will do so if I must. Can someone please help? Thanks.

sdmipf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that's interesting because I just got my new iPad 3 and I'm completely impressed and amazed at how well dictation works. I'm doing this right now I'm dictating this right now see how it comes out. thanks

Just two mistakes. Pretty good. I'm liking it.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sdmipf said:
Well that's interesting because I just got my new iPad 3 and I'm completely impressed and amazed at how well dictation works. I'm doing this right now I'm dictating this right now see how it comes out. thanks

Just two mistakes. Pretty good. I'm liking it.

Are you using Dragon Dictation or the dictation that comes with iPad 3?

sdmipf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appsempire said:
Are you using Dragon Dictation or the dictation that comes with iPad 3?

Yes good catch. I was using the iPad dictation. I then tested the dragon dictation and found it to be hundred percent accurate I tested it with several sentences and it was perfect even better than the iPad dictation. I would assume that this is because of the voice recognition with the iPad 3. My experience of using the Dragon dictation about two years ago with my iPhone was not as accurate. It was good but not quite as accurate.

I wonder if it's possible or if you know if it's possible to use Dragon dictation with the iPad 3 or if it's even necessary.

I hope this information was helpful to you. Thanks.

Most reactions