What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drag and drop

Leebel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help! I purchased the wonderful al gore book called 'our choice' direct from the apps store. All good. It is a separate app but I thought it would just be put into iBooks. Nope. So, I thought I'll just drag the app to IBooks. Not good as it seems to have made a group containing iBooks and the Our choice book and not simply added it as a book to iBooks. Ok, so I removed Our choice from the group, but still have a black icon with a very small image of iBooks.

So, please, how do I a) fix the iBook app icon back to original and b) add Our choice to iBooks? I thought this would be simple.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help! I purchased the wonderful al gore book called 'our choice' direct from the apps store. All good. It is a separate app but I thought it would just be put into iBooks. Nope. So, I thought I'll just drag the app to IBooks. Not good as it seems to have made a group containing iBooks and the Our choice book and not simply added it as a book to iBooks. Ok, so I removed Our choice from the group, but still have a black icon with a very small image of iBooks.

So, please, how do I a) fix the iBook app icon back to original and b) add Our choice to iBooks? I thought this would be simple.

The answer to (b) is you can't. 'Our Choice' is an app, not a book as iBooks understands it. So this simply can't be done. (a) is interesting!! I'm really not sure. I've never tried to remove a folder in the way that you're suggesting. Can't you drag the iBooks icon out of the folder in the same way that you did for Our Choice and then delete the remaining empty folder. You may say, why don't I try it myself and see. Well, because if it doesn't work, I might be left with a black icon like you've got....:(

Hopefully someone will have the definitive answer to your (a)...

Tim

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
The answer to (b) is you can't. 'Our Choice' is an app, not a book as iBooks understands it. So this simply can't be done. (a) is interesting!! I'm really not sure. I've never tried to remove a folder in the way that you're suggesting. Can't you drag the iBooks icon out of the folder in the same way that you did for Our Choice and then delete the remaining empty folder. You may say, why don't I try it myself and see. Well, because if it doesn't work, I might be left with a black icon like you've got....:(

Tim

sounds like iBooks is still in that group, dragging it out should remove the group

OP
Leebel

Leebel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wytey said:
sounds like iBooks is still in that group, dragging it out should remove the group

You are right. I had to double tap the 'group' folder to get iBooks icon large to then drag it out. Bingo - back to 'normal'.

Thanks Wytey! You're terrific (and I'm a dummy)

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Leebel said:
You are right. I had to double tap the 'group' folder to get iBooks icon large to then drag it out. Bingo - back to 'normal'.

Thanks Wytey! You're terrific (and I'm a dummy)

everyone has to start somewhere, I remember when I first started using apple stuff, MacBook pro in this case, I was lost for ages lol

OP
Leebel

Leebel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Thanks Tim. After sending that post off, I figured the app wasn't a ePub or equivalent - whack makes you wonder what will be the format of these multimedia books.

Re folder problem, wylie was right as you may have seen. Double click the folder then drag iBooks out of it and all is well again.

You guys are wonderful to idiots like me :)

Most reactions

Latest posts