What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr. Dre’s New Album Will be Released Exclusively on Apple Music and iTunes August 7

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Dr. Dre album.JPG

AppleInsider reports that the long-awaited new album by legendary rapper and Beats co-founder Dr. Dre, Compton: A Soundtrack, will be coming to iTunes and Apple Music as an exclusive release on August 7. It’s available to pre-order now for $14.

Dre made the announcement himself during his Beats 1 radio show, The Pharmacy.

The album features an incredible array of talent, including Kendrick Lamar, Xzibit, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, and Jill Scott, who’s latest album has just hit the Number One spot on the Billboard Top 200.

This really is a huge deal for Apple, as Dre has been working on his opus for more than a decade. He said during this latest Pharmacy broadcast that he had totally scrapped his previously planned release, Detox.

“I didn’t like it. It wasn’t good. The record, it just wasn’t good…I worked my ass off on it, and I don’t think I did a good enough job,” said Dre during the broadcast.

And as AppleInsider notes, Apple Music also has Dre’s acclaimed album The Chronic as an exclusive as well. Well played, Apple, well played!

Photo credit: Dr. Dre drdre Instagram photos and videos

Source: Long-awaited Dr. Dre album to launch on Aug. 7 as Apple Music iTunes exclusive

Most reactions

Latest posts