What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downside to buying on Craigslist?

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have the chance to get the iPad 2 that I want from a local Craiglist seller, im just wondering if there are any downsides doing this? Like, if there is a problem with it can I still take it back (if he gives me the receipt)? Does it still have a warranty?

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have the chance to get the iPad 2 that I want from a local Craiglist seller, im just wondering if there are any downsides doing this? Like, if there is a problem with it can I still take it back (if he gives me the receipt)? Does it still have a warranty?

Craigslist is very touch and go ....I have never had a bad experience but know folks who have ......you want to meet in a neutral spot like a busy parking lot or even a starbucks to prevent robbery or something bad happening (you never know who your dealing with )so its good to be safe ...also do not leave until he/she has shown you proof of any warranty and proves the pad works as should because if not your screwed ....just be careful and use common sense and you will be fine

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, if he gives you the receipt, check to make sure the serial numbers are the same.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really Really risky

What was it Clint Eastwood said? "Do you feel lucky?"

You do know that you can order exactly what you want from Apple.com, don't you?

OP
D

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I wasn't clear enough. I know the obvious things, but I was more or less wondering about the return policy. If something goes wrong, will I be screwed?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no return policy

This is not a store you are proposing to deal with it's simply a way to connect two individuals - a buyer and a seller. Electronic classified ads.

OP
D

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bbnf4B.jpg

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess there could be a problem with a return to the store he purchased it at if he used a credit/debit card. As you wouldn't be able to offer that to them to get a return. But you should be able to do an exchange/service at Apple because I don't think they would have records of who purchased the iPad.

Stoodo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold mine on Craigslist. No issues whatsoever...

How likely is a just released device going to be in bad standing with AT&T or Verizon anyway?

geep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too many African princes and crack whores on craigslist for me....I tried selling an EEEpc 701 there and got more flaky responses...trying to scam you..sold it the old fashion way....bulletin board at the mall!

Most reactions

Latest posts