What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloads grom AppStore..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Everything I read says that the iPad continues to download after it has gone to or been put to sleep. The duration of that is what I can't fully verify - most articles I read says that it will not fully sleep (i.e. turn off WiFi) for 10 minutes. This should give plenty of time for a download to finish.

it's one of the things Apple "gives" developers so that they can program their app's shut-down sequence when the iPad is put into sleep mode.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

OP
Black_Soul33

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Yes. Everything I read says that the iPad continues to download after it has gone to or been put to sleep. The duration of that is what I can't fully verify - most articles I read says that it will not fully sleep (i.e. turn off WiFi) for 10 minutes. This should give plenty of time for a download to finish.

it's one of the things Apple "gives" developers so that they can program their app's shut-down sequence when the iPad is put into sleep mode.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

Okay thanx

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, the downloads keep downloading when the lock screen comes on, or if you have a Smart Cover and close it. I like that it does that for the long downloads.

OP
Black_Soul33

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fid said:
Yes, the downloads keep downloading when the lock screen comes on, or if you have a Smart Cover and close it. I like that it does that for the long downloads.

Thank you too
BTW I have a smart cover and I'll go with that..

Most reactions

Latest posts