What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading Video Clips From Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankyMedic7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all,

I'm planning on making a video using iMovie, and would like to include some video clips from the web (i.e. YouTube). Is there a way to (easily) download clips directly to my iPad 2?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SpankyMedic7 said:
Hi to all,

I'm planning on making a video using iMovie, and would like to include some video clips from the web (i.e. YouTube). Is there a way to (easily) download clips directly to my iPad 2?

A lot of those video clips you see on YouTube are protected by copyright and you can't legally use them in your video without obtaining permission for their use.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
A lot of those video clips you see on YouTube are protected by copyright and you can't legally use them in your video without obtaining permission for their use.

Quite right. And a whole heap of them are uploaded in breach of YouTube rules which states that you have to own all the material.

It's a minefield. Steer clear.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
SpankyMedic7

SpankyMedic7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so how can I obtain any clips from any other source on the web. You're absolutely correct, I DO NOT want to get into any trouble regarding copyright infringement. Any suggestions?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SpankyMedic7 said:
Ok, so how can I obtain any clips from any other source on the web. You're absolutely correct, I DO NOT want to get into any trouble regarding copyright infringement. Any suggestions?

You'll have to contact the copyright holders and get express written permission to use the clips in your production. If you can't contact the rights holder,or don't get permission, don't use the clips.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, it depends on what you intend to do with your video. If you plan to upload it or pass it around to others, or show it in public, then yes, you'd be violating copyright law. But if you just plan to look at it yourself, then it is no big deal. Plenty of folks use mp3s in home videos without fear of copyright infringement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts