What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading, saving and editing documents

owen tovt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've recently bought a ipad2 after my laptop died. I got this but I'm not totally happy. I want to download my resume off a website and save it to my iPad so that I can edit it then upload it back to where it was. Problem is everyone tells me I can't do it. Surely I can?? Help me ppl please!!! Also I want to jail break it as well. What is the best option for the iPad 2?? I'm told not to use absinthe for the iPad 2. I really need to figure this out ASAP because I'm job hunting. I love my iPad but I wish I bought a new lappy first then the iPad. Ooh well lesson learned. Anyways if anyone can help with my problems that'd be awesome. Cheers.

Last edited:

chadden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checkout Dropbox and Microsoft SkyDrive, in combination with QuickOffice they both will allow you to share files and documents with desktop type devices.

tonytk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Owen & Chadden,

I'm also having the same problem. I'm new to both Mac and IPad. Slowly I'm working things out- one question I have is that when I download a document off the net how do I save it it ?? Without having to connect again

Cheers Tony

dandem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
owen tovt said:
Hey guys. I've recently bought a ipad2 after my laptop died. I got this but I'm not totally happy. I want to download my resume off a website and save it to my iPad so that I can edit it then upload it back to where it was. Problem is everyone tells me I can't do it. Surely I can?? Help me ppl please!!! Also I want to jail break it as well. What is the best option for the iPad 2?? I'm told not to use absinthe for the iPad 2. I really need to figure this out ASAP because I'm job hunting. I love my iPad but I wish I bought a new lappy first then the iPad. Ooh well lesson learned. Anyways if anyone can help with my problems that'd be awesome. Cheers.

Read this
http://www.ipadforums.net/network-a...59-my-expirience-wd-my-book-live-2tb-3tb.html

this setup works for, and I do a lot of things with Docs.

Cynderbeth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I can connect to my NAS server and see my files, but how do I attach a file from the NAS to a website? I am trying to attach my resume which is on the NAS. When I go to browse for file to attach my resume I only get the options of choose from existing ( which takes me to my camera roll, or photo stream) or to create a new one. I am totally lost on how to get the file from the NAS.
CHEERS,
cynderbeth

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cynderbeth said:
Hi guys,
I can connect to my NAS server and see my files, but how do I attach a file from the NAS to a website? I am trying to attach my resume which is on the NAS. When I go to browse for file to attach my resume I only get the options of choose from existing ( which takes me to my camera roll, or photo stream) or to create a new one. I am totally lost on how to get the file from the NAS.
CHEERS,
cynderbeth

Move the file to your iPad first. What app do you use to access the NAS?

Most reactions

Latest posts