Downloading plans to I-books

Discussion in 'iPad for Designers and Architects' started by Dskinnerau, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Dskinnerau

Dskinnerau iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know there is a way to do it. Does anybody know how to get a full set of architectural, structural, civil drawings onto I-books? Let me preface with....without a mac.

2. Dskinnerau

Dskinnerau iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Loading blueprints onto Ipad

Does anyone know how to load blueprints off of a laptop (not a mac) and onto I-books?

3. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,542 / 0
    Welcome to the forum - not sure 'how large' the blueprints may be or in what format, so more information may be helpful, including the laptop's brand/model, OS, and the program being used (I'm assuming a Windows laptop)?

So, I'll just provide several options - if not already done put Dropbox on your laptop & iPad - convert the blueprints to PDF files, if possible - put the PDF(s) into Dropbox on your laptop; if both are on the same Wi-Fi network, the files will automatically show up in Dropbox on your iPad - select to 'open with' iBooks.

Of course, you could just email the files to yourself and use the Mail app on the iPad. Let us know if either of these suggestions works for you - Good luck! Dave :)

4. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Please do not post twice on your issue as it divides the information given and makes it confusing for members to follow. It is also against our Forum Rules. I have now merged both of your posts together in the one thread.

Please keep all further info on this issue to this thread only.

Leelai

5. Rek

Rek iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0