What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading PDF Forms / One Yes / Other No (???)

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:mad::mad::mad: My Son sent me a couple PDF Files asking me to Print them off for him.. 1st One came up as it should and showed what exactly I'm Printing Off... Hit the Print Button and out came the Requested Copies.. (Govt. Form / Personal Consent,Screening,Authorization)

2nd PDF File Came Up and showed in the email what I was going to Print Off.. Set Printer in motion, Printer indicates it found the Printer and asks Color or Black & White.. Then 1st Page to be Printed, the Indicator shows the Printer only see's a Blank Page (????).. Rest of the pages from that PDF same ....

Is there a Setting on my iPad that is throwing a Block (??). Wonder why would One PDF be successful and not the other ?? The only thing I can think of , as this is a form required to be filled out.. The Original Sender had Filled in my Son's Name and Phone # and email address..Thereby creating a File.. My Son was asked to Complete the Form.. Would that much having been done create the Road Block for me to Print Off said PDF Form ?? Thoughts & Opinions Appreciated. Cheers Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sad to say, but all PDF files are not equal. I've no idea what is causing your problem, but I do have a suggestion. Download the free Adobe Reader app and open/copy the forms to it. View them, and if they ok try printing from Adobe's app.

Adobe Reader has the ability to use fill in form style PDF files, so it might make a difference. If the file asks if you want to flatten it before printing, that's usually a good idea. This takes all the temporary, filled-out, text and makes it a permanent part of the form. Hold in mind that a form saved flattend can no longer be easily edited.

Good luck.

Note: There are other PDF apps. I like PDF Expert. But if all you need to do is view and print an occationall PDF Adboe's free app should be enough.

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adobe Reader has the ability to use fill in form style PDF files, so it might make a difference. If the file asks if you want to flatten it before printing, that's usually a good idea. This takes all the temporary, filled-out, text and makes it a permanent part of the form. Hold in mind that a form saved flattend can no longer be easily edited.

Good luck.

Note: There are other PDF apps. I like PDF Expert. But if all you need to do is view and print an occationall PDF Adboe's free app should be enough.

@ Twerppoet.. Thanks for the Comeback, 10-4 On all PDF's Not Equal.. Had tried on another project needing some Govt. Forms, the Govt. Site even suggested what action to take whether it was Windows, Safari and so on.. Downloaded the Adobe Reader , results were to No Avail.. After my Failed attempt Son stopped by a local Staples Store intown, same deal Printer was only Reading a Blank Page even though You could View Pages in Received Email..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Darn. Sounds like the issue is with the PDF's themselves. I don't have any other good ideas. I suppose you could take a screen shot on the iPad and print that. The quality would be poor, but probably usable as long as your iPad is gen three or newer.

Most reactions

Latest posts