1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Downloading on the Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by patetcmi, Feb 1, 2013.

1. patetcmi

patetcmi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like to download files to my IPad but how can I transfer them to my computer? Specifically shareware programs and games that I want to install on my laptop. I would be doing this at a free WiFi location and it's easier to take the IPad than my laptop.

Pat :)
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,925 / 1
    You won't be able to run iOS game apps on your computer. Shareware programs and games will not run on your iPad. You won't be able to download programs like this to your iPad for later transfer to your laptop.
  3. patetcmi

patetcmi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know that I can't run shareware programs and games on my IPad. What I want to know is if I can just download these, usually in a zip or rar format and then transfer that file to my laptop. I have one program that I downloaded and it is in MY Documents app on the IPad and shows up when I start ITunes, just like my other documents do, but how do I get it to transfer to the laptop?
  4. Elizellen

Elizellen iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Could you save them to Dropbox or a similar app using your Ipad then retrieve them from Dropbox when using your laptop?
  5. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,688 / 0
    Is the laptop the same computer that has your iTunes? Because, according to the "My Documents" app - you should be able to access the app's files in iTunes and then copy/paste (or drag/drop) them out of the app onto your laptop.

I don't use iTunes to transfer files,but I'm pretty sure you can right click on the file (in iTunes) and you'll get a copy option.

Marilyn