What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading on the Ipad

patetcmi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to download files to my IPad but how can I transfer them to my computer? Specifically shareware programs and games that I want to install on my laptop. I would be doing this at a free WiFi location and it's easier to take the IPad than my laptop.

Pat :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
patetcmi said:
I would like to download files to my IPad but how can I transfer them to my computer? Specifically shareware programs and games that I want to install on my laptop. I would be doing this at a free WiFi location and it's easier to take the IPad than my laptop.

Pat :)

You won't be able to run iOS game apps on your computer. Shareware programs and games will not run on your iPad. You won't be able to download programs like this to your iPad for later transfer to your laptop.

OP
P

patetcmi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that I can't run shareware programs and games on my IPad. What I want to know is if I can just download these, usually in a zip or rar format and then transfer that file to my laptop. I have one program that I downloaded and it is in MY Documents app on the IPad and shows up when I start ITunes, just like my other documents do, but how do I get it to transfer to the laptop?

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could you save them to Dropbox or a similar app using your Ipad then retrieve them from Dropbox when using your laptop?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the laptop the same computer that has your iTunes? Because, according to the "My Documents" app - you should be able to access the app's files in iTunes and then copy/paste (or drag/drop) them out of the app onto your laptop.

I don't use iTunes to transfer files,but I'm pretty sure you can right click on the file (in iTunes) and you'll get a copy option.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts