What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading Itunes from Ipad onto an Apple ipod?

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since iPad has iTunes, is there a way you can download your iTunes songs onto your iPod? Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As long as the songs are songs you purchased from the iTunes Store, and you use the same Apple ID on the iPod, you should be able to visit the App Store on the iPod, go to t he Purchased Tab, and download your songs by tapping on them. Any song not already on the iPod will have a cloud icon next to it.

OP
DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what's confusing. All the songs I have on iPad have the cloud next to them. I don't have any other itune songs without the cloud. I say I have about 250 songs on iPad with the cloud next to them. And the ones that are missing on iPad seem to be the ones I downloaded from my CDs onto iTunes that's on my PC. I didn't have to purchase those songs because they came from my CDs. For example, there is not one Beatles song on my iPad because I did not have to purchase them because I had the CDs in which I downloaded them onto my PC. These are the ones that are missing. So how do I get my cd ones onto iPad? Understand?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The cloud next to the song means the song is in iTunes in the Cloud, and not actually downloaded on your iPad. Tapping the song will download it, and it will play. You need do nothing for these songs to appear on your iPad. It's automatic; though it can be disable in Settings > Music by turning off Show All Music. With this turned off all you will see in the Music app are the songs actually downloaded on the iPad.

Only songs you purchased through iTunes will show up this way.

Songs ripped from CDs into iTunes on the PC must be synced to the iPad. There is nothing automatic about this. You have to set it up in the Sync settings on the computer, then you have to do the sync. If it is set up incorrectly the songs won't be synced. If you have been doing syncs between your iPad and iTunes on the computer and they are still not showing up, let me know, and I'll attempt to go through all the settings necessary.

But first, make sure you've followed these instructions. Even if it does not work, we'll at least have a starting point:

iOS: Syncing your data with iTunes

If you've already done this, making sure you've either selected all in the Music tab or made sure the songs you want are all selected, let me know.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As I read this a bit more, I realize you're talking about the songs already on your iPod.

There is no direct way of moving your iPod songs to your iPad. You have to use iTunes on the computer as an intermediate. If the songs are already on the computer, then my above post should be enough. If not you'll need to rip the songs from the iPod back into iTunes.

iTunes itself does not have this ability. However there are third party apps for the computer that will let you export songs from the iPod to the computer; and you can re-import them to iTunes from there. I'm afraid all my links to that software are out of date, however, a Google search should turn up several options. A with all software, do some research first and make sure the developer and site are reliable.

Or, if you still heave the CDs (you should) and have the time, you can rip them into iTunes again. I think you mentioned about 200 - 250 songs which should be about 20 - 25 CDs. A pain, but doable.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This thread looks to be at least a partial duplicate of this one: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/117675-not-all-itune-songs-ipad.html

Please don't split threads like this. It's confusing, and against the forum rules. From the titles I don't believe you intended them to be about the same topic, but it appears to have happened anyway. In which case, a polite request to a moderator can get them merged for you, so all your answers are in the same place.

OP
DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean about splitting threads? If I broke some type of rule I didn't do it on purpose, but I apologize regardless.
I want to transfer my iTunes songs from my PC, not iPod, onto my iPad. My PC has every song available. I believe I would have to purchase a special adaptor to connect my iPad to my PC for sync, wouldn't i? If i do I will have to get back to you. I am currently downloading the songs I already have on iPad by artists. I am on letter C now, and I download a letter per day or more depending how many artist I have per letter.
Also, again, I really appreciate your time and patience with me. Please let me know if I need a special adaptor so I can hook up my iPad to my PC so I can sync from iTunes. Thanks so much.

OP
DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean about splitting threads? If I broke some type of rule I didn't do it on purpose, but I apologize regardless. . I want to transfer my iTunes songs from my PC, not iPod, onto my iPad. My PC has every song available. I believe I would have to purchase a special adaptor to connect my iPad to my PC for sync, wouldn't i? If i do I will have to get back to you. I am currently downloading the songs I already have on iPad by artists. I am on letter C now, and I download a letter per day or more depending how many artist I have per letter. . Also, again, I really appreciate your time and patience with me. Please let me know if I need a special adaptor so I can hook up my iPad to my PC so I can sync from iTunes. Thanks so much.

Sorry I posted this to the wrong post. Disregard the message above. I read it from the. Wrong post. Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts