What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading iOS 5 Right now!!!!!!

rubikfermill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. Noob question? Where can I download the iOS5? Will I lose the jailbreak if I download it?

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally download has finished and iPad is backing up which is taking forever.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure on JB but I think you will. There is a jailbreak thread. Why don't you ask them or wait for someone who knows.
As for DLing. Synch device, backup, right click on device name where it's on the left side, press check for update in your device page and you are good to go

rubikfermill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Not sure on JB but I think you will. There is a jailbreak thread. Why don't you ask them or wait for someone who knows.
As for DLing. Synch device, backup, right click on device name where it's on the left side, press check for update in your device page and you are good to go

Thank youuuu!!

iPad765

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My back up just freezes and is not doing anything, what shall i do? i've already stopped the back up and updated again and its just stopped again :(

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
23 minutes remaining on attempt #3. 11 minutes remaining was as far as I got on attempt #1, but attempt #2 disconnected when I had more than 23 minutes left. Hopeful this one will work.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Proud owner of the IOS 5.0 on my IPhone 4 now. You have to go through the set up on your phone to enable the IOS. Now it is time for my iPad up date and later my wife's iPhone.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sigh. I have two more to do as well. My iPad is still backing up. Long night I'm thinking.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats, blackbelt. 15 minutes remaining of the iOS 5 download on my third attempt. Really hoping the download completes this time.

iPad765

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does your iPad show the green loading bar? mine was and then it completed stopped :/

Aldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally done, I got the error 3200 and I unplugged the ipad and plugged it back in and it worked Im now working on IO5. Finally

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't checked my iPad - it's under the SmartCover.

I'm at 7 minutes left on this third attempt. The first attempt stopped at 11-12 minutes remaining, and the second attempt stopped at about 30 minutes remaining. Hoping it's working this time!

Most reactions