What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading iOS 5 Right now!!!!!!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
11 minutes left and I got the bloody error!!! And now the update won't start at all. Awesome.

Back to 55 minutes remaining. Might as well walk away from the laptop for awhile.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloading in a gorgeous southern Florida day. Took a day off to do this instead of walking on the beach or working out. Mine states 10 minutes.

sebek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started my update right now! Guess few people are updating here in Puerto Rico...it says 9 minutes when it started and now is five to end.....:p

Update...installing.....XD

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hang in there guys. We need to stick together. Aagghh. I have the song on my brain now.

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are u all talking about ! i recently checked from itunes for ios 5 update for my ipad 2 3g & it has not come yet !

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are u all talking about ! i recently checked from itunes for ios 5 update for my ipad 2 3g & it has not come yet !
Yes it has. It was doing that for me too. Restart iTunes and try again. I had to do it about two dozen times before 5 came up.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I'm a bit gun shy to begin the update, since my background is from and Android OS background and the issues it had with bricking, unresponsiveness, etc. Not having previous experience with Apple's OS updates, I am wondering if waiting a bit might be worth it to fix the kinks out. Can anybody give me feed back? :)

Ok, I took the plunge!! It was only 14 minutes and now my iPad is syncing!!

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine suddenly sped up from 41 to 36 to 24 to 3 then completed. It's complete. But I only chose to download so now I have to install it with fingers crossed (and find where the download went) :)

Most reactions