What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading iOS 5 Right now!!!!!!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally it won't matter. Everyone is DLing so maybe slower now. But just take the plunge with us and go for it.

GoPack. We were the same once but mine is only 35 mins now. So not fair! Stomps her foot and cries.

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So if you choose to just download to install later, do you still need to have the ipad connected? I would think not but wanted to be sure.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a bit gun shy to begin the update, since my background is from and Android OS background and the issues it had with bricking, unresponsiveness, etc. Not having previous experience with Apple's OS updates, I am wondering if waiting a bit might be worth it to fix the kinks out. Can anybody give me feed back? :)
Eh. I wouldn't worry. Being an Android user myself and going through two Android updates - the first one bricked my phone completely (and I wasn't even rooted) and the second update wasn't pain free either. But as far as I know Apple updates run smoothly. This is my first Apple update though so I don't know for sure.

OP
Milliebert

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What time did I start this thread? Well it's still downloading, and now says another 45 minutes. Off to get a nice cup of tea. I'll kill the cat if she walks across this whilst I'm outta the room!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What time did I start this thread? Well it's still downloading, and now says another 45 minutes. Off to get a nice cup of tea. I'll kill the cat if she walks across this whilst I'm outta the room!

My cat loves my laptop too. Can't count how many times I come home, walk in my bedroom, and see her laying right across my keyboard. I've got an eye on her now, though!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hee hee. Cats are so naughty. Always doing something they are not supposed to. I shut the door.

OP
Milliebert

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My cat loves my laptop too. Can't count how many times I come home, walk in my bedroom, and see her laying right across my keyboard. I've got an eye on her now, though!

Ha! Yes, I have had her asleep on the laptop before now. I can't remember if I close the lid, if the download will continue. I think the pc hibernates... but I may have changed it not to... of man! I wanna cuppa tea!!!! lol

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eh. I wouldn't worry. Being an Android user myself and going through two Android updates - the first one bricked my phone completely (and I wasn't even rooted) and the second update wasn't pain free either. But as far as I know Apple updates run smoothly. This is my first Apple update though so I don't know for sure.

Thanks for the reassurance. I an really impressed how Apple has been able to keep us informed about the progress of iOS 5 and how they met their deadline!! Everybody is on the same page!!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The 12th Doctor said:
Got mine downloaded, loving it so!!! iMessage is genuis, Newsstand, Split keyboard, gestures, brilliant! and my iPad runs smoother too with it on.

So jealous. 

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately when the download is done, I have to go run an errand! I actually might be iPad-less for many hours, if I can't stop at home in between my errand and my appointment (because then I'm going to my parents' house)! Doh.

OP
Milliebert

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My laptop is on the verge of overheating... it's going on the cold stone floor now!

Most reactions