What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading iOS 5 Right now!!!!!!

michaelkjchang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have problem to download the ios5, it says 9 hours remaining. I don't think it is right. I already turn off my firewall and still moving no where. HELP!!!!

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a lot of songs on my iPad. After update done I had to reinstall all but the original apps. Plus the songs show up in iTunes but they wouldn't sync because I had used a different iTunes before but I couldn't use that one because it was on a computer that needed a new motherboard and I opted to get a new computer.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got a first gen iPad and iPad2 done today. I'm working on a iPhone 4 now and the Mobile Me to iCloud switch so I don't get double contacts and calander events

I did an iPad 1 and iPad 2 today as well. I think what really helped is that I reset the iPad 1 to factory settings, installed iOS5, then restored it using a back-up; the chief delay seems to be the backup process, so if you take Apple out of the equation it speeds things up. It took 30 minutes to download the update and only 30 minutes to restore my setup.

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
Oh boy, iOS 5 has 4 hours remaining right now. I'm at my parents' house putting iOS 5 on my mom's iPhone 4. She is not going to be happy.

In other news, my dad told me he bought Apple stock today. Go dad! :D

So much for the 20 mins!!!!! :D took me forever aswell!!!!! :)

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
epb said:
I did an iPad 1 and iPad 2 today as well. I think what really helped is that I reset the iPad 1 to factory settings, installed iOS5, then restored it using a back-up; the chief delay seems to be the backup process, so if you take Apple out of the equation it speeds things up. It took 30 minutes to download the update and only 30 minutes to restore my setup.

This is what always causes the major problem of how long your update will take, good advice given in this post, takes far less time. I have done iPod, iPhone and iPad1 this way this morning with no problems at all. It will all take as long as it takes, you can't hurry it!

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

Mad_Maru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to check did you guys update to the latest version of iTunes as I did when prompted and the DL was less then 20 mins slowest part was the backup & restore. iPhone was fine iPad doesn't have all my music images or podcast restored so will reset & restore later if I can be asked that is!

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Al Rogers said:
What do you mean by split keyboard,??mine stayed the same.

Al.

Hold your finger on the little keyboard symbol you use to 'put away' your keyboard, allows you to split keyboard

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

rubikfermill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I installed the new iOS I can't access the iTunes store. Anybody having the same issue?

Coralee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rubikfermill said:
Since I installed the new iOS I can't access the iTunes store. Anybody having the same issue?

Nope - all good here in Auckland NZ - no probs with uploading new version

Most reactions

Latest posts