What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

downloading books

leda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I am new at this just got an ipad can someone advise me which is the best site to download books .. looking at ePad library Ipad library The Novel network ....or is there something better ... thank you

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "biggie" in terms of selection is the Kindle app from Amazon. The app is free, btw. And while the actual reader app is only average, the selection of books from Amazon can not be matched by anyone.

There are also free readers from Barnes & Noble and Borders. There are also several good readers for reading "generic" electronic publications such as Stanza and GoodReader.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also looking for books. Any sights that include brief descriptions? Like you find on the rear cover (when browsing in an actual book store). I rarely know exactly what I'm looking for :)

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazon's website gives these descriptions, plus many reader comments. You can download free samples to try out. Then Amazon bombards you with recommendations for similar books, bit sometimes this is useful for finding out about new books. Subscribe to the blog Books On the Knob for news on free and low priced books.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you go to Kindle or Barnes and Noble you can read descriptions of books and also reviews of readers which I often find helpful. I don't necessarily buy the books there. My first choice is to see if the book is available from our state digital library, but I do buy some and always have books available to read on my Ipad. There are lots of free books available (also out of print, classics and new authors trying to find readers) or less expensive books also. I would also remind anyone using Ibooks, Kindle and Barnes and Noble that you can dl a free sample of the book you are interested in reading, usually the fiset chapter. Love that option.

Diane B

OP
L

leda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help .......

Most reactions

Latest posts