What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading Apps

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find lots of good free apps on apple store can
you download and save to your pc and synch with the ipad later?
Thanks.

OP
T

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to know this.
Again thanks.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.

MMM.
Lots of good free app ?

I found out, that most of them are pure junk.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will sometimes download the iPhone ones that go on sale (aka was $0.99 or higher but free today) in the event I might get an iPhone this summer.....

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was also wondering, if you have an itunes account but don't already have an iPad, can you download things to the account in advance for an iPad?

Yes you can. I did this before I got my iPad, and also download iPhone stuff when I see it go on sale (as in free for a day or so) just in case I get an iPhone in the next few months.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was also wondering, if you have an itunes account but don't already have an iPad, can you download things to the account in advance for an iPad?

Yes you can. I did this before I got my iPad, and also download iPhone stuff when I see it go on sale (as in free for a day or so) just in case I get an iPhone in the next few months.

that is a really good idea

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

that is a really good idea

iPad Apps, iPhone Apps, Deals and Discovery at App Shopper - Popular Recent Changes for iOS is a good site.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks.

MMM.
Lots of good free app ?

I found out, that most of them are pure junk.

Well, yes, most are junk. But there are so many many many free apps that there are still a lot of very good ones.

A few examples:

Evernote
USA Today
PCalc Lite
SoundHound
DropBox
Pandora

YMMV

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some of my favorite free ones are We Rule, Twitter, Friendly, Pocket Legends, EBay, Craigslist, so there are lots of good free ones with the bad.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, yes, most are junk. But there are so many many many free apps that there are still a lot of very good ones.

A few examples:

Evernote
USA Today
PCalc Lite
SoundHound
DropBox
Pandora

YMMV
I Too have quite a few I downloaded , run them, and enjoyed . Question for good application, is whether I still used that application after a month.
The main App, I use all the time are the News Magazines. I got many nice app for taking Notes. They I really nice, but after a short play I just stash them away in some forgotten Folder, and that's it.
So. What is a good free app. One you downloaded a month ago, and still using.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So. What is a good free app. One you downloaded a month ago, and still using.

I'm not quite that strict with my definition. I suppose it is a general impression of several things, or a balance between them. These are the ones the pop to mind.

Usefulness: Even if I don't have a use for it myself I can see where it would fit someone else's needs well.

Quality: it doesn't crash, a well thought out UI, and to some degree 'not ugly'.

Features: If it has a great feature, even if I would use it rarely, I generally want it just incase. Lots of good reference apps make my list this way.

And then of course, just like you, anything that I really use is pretty much on the list. Even if that use is limited to once or twice a week. All the ones I actually listed are in that category.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As others have said, heck yeah. You can just pick and choose what apps you want synced. I have a few apps that I don't care for but figure if a good update comes out, I'll sync them back in and just leave them on the desktop iTunes in the meantime.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many free apps are a free demo like iPocket Draw light. I wish all developers would market their apps this way. It's interesting to have the option of a free trial.
Other free apps are a magazine issue or a book. Those are interesting too.

Sent from my iPad using iPF(which is also a free app!):)

Last edited:

Most reactions