What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading apps or games

sheldondsilva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

I just have a query, how do I download free apps, games or stuff onto my iPad without a credit card number. The problem is that I do not have a credit card. I tried using my debit card instead but wouldn't work. How do I go about without a credit card

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
I'm confused.
Why would you need a credit card to get a free App?
I've downloaded dozens of them and never needed to do anything like that.
Are you sure the App that you are clicking on is free?
Are you trying to get the App from The Apple Store or some sleazy back-street place that just wants your credit card details to rip you off?
Cheers,
Steve

OP
S

sheldondsilva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Steve and moon well. But I tried my debit card for a free app and wouldn't work coz it asks me for the credit card number. However I'll try it again and I'll get back and let u know about it

MoonWell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
myjewelfetish.wordpress.com
sheldondsilva said:
Thanks Steve and moon well. But I tried my debit card for a free app and wouldn't work coz it asks me for the credit card number. However I'll try it again and I'll get back and let u know about it

And it rejects your debit card number? That's weird. I would contact apple about it because it should accept the debit card without a problem. They are essentially the same thing :/

Hel22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's good to know.. I'll try with my debit card, I also dont have a credit card.

Most reactions