What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading a Book

Siciliano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All:
First post here and fairly new to the ipad. I selected a book to download, hit install button, it says "downloading" and a window comes up a little later saying "cannot connect to itunes store."

Need some guidance please.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All:
First post here and fairly new to the ipad. I selected a book to download, hit install button, it says "downloading" and a window comes up a little later saying "cannot connect to itunes store."

Hi, welcome to iPF!

Check your internet connection: try to access a random website through Safari on your iPad. Perhaps your WiFi is the reason for your problem.
Is your software up to date? Go to Settings - General - Software Update. It should be 6.1.3.

Last edited:
OP
S

Siciliano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloading Book

Thanks for the welcome Johanna:

My settings are OK and I am connected to WiFi.

I also have an iphone and some of this stuff is connected to icloud which is confusing tome. Could there be any connection?

Whops!! Disregard all of this. I tried one more time and was successful. Maybe by playing with all the controls something kicked backed in. Feel rather dumb.

Thanks. This will probably not be the last of me. Seems like a great forum.

Siciliano

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Johanna:

My settings are OK and I am connected to WiFi.

I also have an iphone and some of this stuff is connected to icloud which is confusing tome. Could there be any connection?

Whops!! Disregard all of this. I tried one more time and was successful. Maybe by playing with all the controls something kicked backed in. Feel rather dumb.

Thanks. This will probably not be the last of me. Seems like a great forum.

Siciliano

Don't hesitate to come back if you have more questions.

Welcome to the iPad forums, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 298,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum.
We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app.iPad Forums App Tutorial
We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi All:

Glad you got the book. I believe itunes store had some issues yesterday. FYI many libraries let you borrow ebooks from the library just like the paper books only you can do it all at home from your easy chair.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts