What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading a book to iPad !

Trudijane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPad a short time. I thought I'd try to download a book to my iPad when it occurred to me that I have no idea how!

First, are most best-sellers available to download and read on my iPad? I also don't understand the steps involved using iTunes. For instance, step by step, how would I download "50 shades of grey" onto my iPad. I looked for it but couldn't find it. Is it even available for the iPad? Step by step instructions would be helpful since this is not intuitive to me yet.

Also, I've been hearing a lot about the "Shoebox" as if I'm supposed to know what that is. Is that another app? And what is its purpose?

That's it for now. This site is a godsend.

Trudi

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trudijane said:
I have my iPad a short time. I thought I'd try to download a book to my iPad when it occurred to me that I have no idea how!

First, are most best-sellers available to download and read on my iPad? I also don't understand the steps involved using iTunes. For instance, step by step, how would I download "50 shades of grey" onto my iPad. I looked for it but couldn't find it. Is it even available for the iPad? Step by step instructions would be helpful since this is not intuitive to me yet.

Also, I've been hearing a lot about the "Shoebox" as if I'm supposed to know what that is. Is that another app? And what is its purpose?

That's it for now. This site is a godsend.

Trudi

Ok, I can't help you with Shoebox.....unless you need somewhere for your footwear! As for downloading books there are many options including iBooks and Kindle but for this I will use the iBooks example.

First off, if you don't have iBooks App installed already, go to the App Store and download the free app.......

image-2997703788.jpg

Then, when the app has downloaded, open it and choose the "Store" option......

image-166742315.jpg

In the store, search for the book that you want, in this case "fifty shades of grey".......

image-1258929497.jpg

You can then buy the book here......

image-2487218442.jpg

The book will then appear on your bookshelf (see second image again for what the bookshelves look like) and you can read the book at your leisure!

I hope that this has helped.

The Archangel

OP
T

Trudijane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the instructions for downloading books!!!

Gabriel,

I want to thank you SO much. Thank you for the little pics as well. I had a feeling I should do that but was not sure. I saw my favorite book on the bookshelf (the Steve Jobs Biography). Guess I got impatient with Shades of Grey as I ordered the actual book from Amazon. But I would love to have the Jobs one in my bookcase at all times. I loved that one.

Thanks again.
Trudi

PS. Do you have a suggestion for an app that has categories and I list a lot of info under each category? I did this on my notebook and somehow deleted all my categories. Don't know how I did that!

jolie11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think you maybe not search in this forum, just read this: www[dot]ipadforums[dot]net/ipad-general-discussions/9915-subfolders-ibooks.html

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trudijane said:
Gabriel,

I want to thank you SO much. Thank you for the little pics as well. I had a feeling I should do that but was not sure. I saw my favorite book on the bookshelf (the Steve Jobs Biography). Guess I got impatient with Shades of Grey as I ordered the actual book from Amazon. But I would love to have the Jobs one in my bookcase at all times. I loved that one.

Thanks again.
Trudi

PS. Do you have a suggestion for an app that has categories and I list a lot of info under each category? I did this on my notebook and somehow deleted all my categories. Don't know how I did that!

No problem.....BTW, if you touch the little pics in my post they become big pics.

Funnily, I just saw a documentary on fifty shades of grey over here the other day.....that is some phenomena!

I'm not entirely clear what you are asking for in your last paragraph but, if I'm right, check out Evernote, it allows you to store notes in different headed volumes. It's basically like a collection or library of notebooks. I have it and sync it to Evernote on my Mac.......so there is no danger of me accidentally deleting it!

Finally, as you mentioned Amazon, you might want to get the Kindle App as well, this gives you the best of both worlds between Apple's iBooks and Amazon's Kindle.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts