What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloaded sims 3 ambitious

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,does anyone know what the story is with the bug on sims freeplay? The goal is stuck on check mailbox. I downloaded the update which was supposed to fix it but it hasn't. Help!!

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scoobaru said:
Hey,does anyone know what the story is with the bug on sims freeplay? The goal is stuck on check mailbox. I downloaded the update which was supposed to fix it but it hasn't. Help!!

Just sorted it now. You have to change the date to the 26th december,which bypass the mail goals and bobs your uncle! You need to click home button to get out of sims app and them double click home button again and clear sims app there. Change time and all sorted. You can chanfe the time back once your sorted.

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EnnaShare said:
At what level can i build workplace in sims freeplay? I'm currently on level 14.

I haven't played sims for a week,can't remember what level I'm on. I know my town is worth a million, I have 10 sims and 4 workplaces up and running. Hope that might help. I have fire station,football stadium,gallery,town hall built so far. What is your town worth?
Now on to my own issue,the game won't load up for me. The loading screen comes up,music starts to play and then it just shuts itself down and returns to the home screen. Any ideas?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scoobaru said:
I haven't played sims for a week,can't remember what level I'm on. I know my town is worth a million, I have 10 sims and 4 workplaces up and running. Hope that might help. I have fire station,football stadium,gallery,town hall built so far. What is your town worth?
Now on to my own issue,the game won't load up for me. The loading screen comes up,music starts to play and then it just shuts itself down and returns to the home screen. Any ideas?

With regards to your question when an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it.
Let us know if this fixes the problem.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
With regards to your question when an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it.
Let us know if this fixes the problem.

Many thanks for the advice but Unfortunately it does not work. I closed down all the apps on the multi task bar to see if it would help but no joy. I even moved the app onto another screen,=[

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scoobaru said:
Many thanks for the advice but Unfortunately it does not work. I closed down all the apps on the multi task bar to see if it would help but no joy. I even moved the app onto another screen,=[

The next steps to try are a restart and reset if that doesn't work.
Restart: Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating. If not a reset is the next step.

Reset: Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Hope it works now, let us know.

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
The next steps to try are a restart and reset if that doesn't work.
Restart: Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating. If not a reset is the next step.

Reset: Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Hope it works now, let us know.

Still not responding. I've checked with some of the reviews on iTunes and it seems to be a problem for others too. Augh well,I'm keen to get it sorted now purely to fix it. I wasn't up all night playing it anyway,have two real kids to do that for me,so it's no big loss but after looking after the little feckers,all 10 of them,it's abit annoying. I only put a fiver into the game anyway so not going to lose any sleep over it. I just want to see how to fix it now,curiosity has gotten the better of me!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can always try deleting it and then a fresh install. You won't be charged again as the App store keeps a record of all the apps you have bought. If this doesn't work getting in touch with the developer and informing him of your issues would be the next step. I hope it works for you. Good luck!

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
You can always try deleting it and then a fresh install. You won't be charged again as the App store keeps a record of all the apps you have bought. If this doesn't work getting in touch with the developer and informing him of your issues would be the next step. I hope it works for you. Good luck!

Will do. Thanks for all your advice and help,much appreciated leelai=>

Rosellainoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am having the same issue. Have tried all suggestions and nothing is working. I guess I'll have to say good bye to that game. Pity as I was enjoying it.

Most reactions

Latest posts